Author Topic: Blue family, Kilmun  (Read 25991 times)

Offline catmac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blue family, Kilmun
« Reply #27 on: Monday 20 November 06 12:29 GMT (UK) »
I think I may have made a mistake about my Great-Grandmother's name. It may have been Anne LUKE.  I think Luke is a Campbeltown name as well. There are Blues there too.
I will check with a relative on my grandmother's side.
Catherine

Offline Joyce Brownell51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 08 June 09 15:49 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information on a Christina Blue who was born about 1795 in Scotland (Argyllshire) who married a Donald Cameron born abt 1793.  The couple immigrated to Ontario, Durham Co., Canada in about 1834.  Some of their family was born in Scotland.  On my great-grandmother's death registration it states she was born in Argyllshire in abt. 1819  - she was one of the daughter's of Donald Cameron and Christina ( we think her maiden name was Blue).  My great-grandmother's name was Mary Cameron.  I have had difficulty finding any information on this family.  Donald and Christina's children were as follows: Mary, Agnes, Barbara, Catherine, Christina,  Malcolm, Elizabeth, Jane and Margaret.  Any information would be helpfull.  Thank you Joyce Brownell

Offline Merryb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 08 June 09 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Joyce!  I have a Christiana Blue Christened March 23, 1795 who is the sister of my g.g. grandfather John Blue.  Their father and mother were Donald Blue and Margaret Brown.  My John Blue moved to Ireland.  I am guessing this is your Christiana.  Merry

Offline Merryb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 08 June 09 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,  I responded too quickly.  Christiana is sister to Dugald Blue who was my g.g. grandfather's father.  Dugald Blue was the third born to Donald Blue and Margaret Brown.  John was the first, Chrisitana second, Dugald third, Mary fourth, Alexander fifth, Flory sixth, Margaret seventh and Grizzel eigth.  Merry

Offline Joyce Brownell51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 08 June 09 20:54 BST (UK) »
To : Merry B.

I have a sheet here from the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it says Christina Blue was christened on the 23 Mar 1795  Lochkiarran, Kilcalmonell, Argyll, Scotland and her parent's were Donald Blue and Margaret Brown.  I have a second sheet from them giving the marriage of Donald Cameron  - spouse Christy Blue  -  marriage 22 Dec 1818  Campbeltown, Argyl, Scotland.  On one of their daughter's death registrations (Barbara) it gives her father's name as Donald Cameron and a question mark with Blue beside her mother's maiden name.  I would love to know more about the family.  I think the family came with money from Scotland as when they arrived they sent back to Scotland to have stone masons come out and build their house (which still stands).  Donald put quite a bit of money into bulding one of the churches in Bowmanville and was on the harbor commossion as well.  Any information would be great.  Joyce Brownell

Offline blueth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 10 June 09 16:27 BST (UK) »
Hi LA Blue,
It's ages since I've been on Rootschat, and have only just seen your post.
Although I can't help with your names, my Blues were born and married in Kilberry and Kilcalmonell. Dugald Blue married Mary Bell in 1821 and his children were Margaret, born 1823, Archibald 1825, John 1827, Colin 1829 and Christian (female) 1831. Anything familiar there?
Dugald's father was Donald, no details known.
Blueth

Offline Joyce Brownell51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 13 June 09 10:22 BST (UK) »
I think maybe my Christina Blue is the sister of your Duglad Blue.  Christina and her husband Donald Cameron immigrated to Ontario, Canada, in abt. 1833/34.  I wish I could find out more about Donald Cameron and his family as well.  I know some of the families which settled in the area came from Campbelton  -  such names as McMillan, Galbraith, Grey and Beith.  On my Great grandmother's death registration it mentions she was born in Argyllshire, Scotland.  Joyce Brownell

Offline Lorand

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 14 June 09 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I have been browsing in your 'Blues' as I am interested in an ancestor, Ann Galloway who had an illegitimate son on 8 June 1865 and called him James Blue Galloway.  The name Blue must have some connection to her family, but I cannot find anything of her parents.  She was a farm servant in Cadder, Lanark. and I am trying to determine who the father of James was. She married in 1869 and the baby took on her husband's name of McCall, but there is no certainty that he was the father.  Does anyone have an Ann Galloway in their family with Blue connections?
Thanks
Lorraine
McCall, Arnott, Ness, Galloway, Balfour, Botes

Offline LA.Blue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 14 June 09 15:31 BST (UK) »
Hi LA Blue,
It's ages since I've been on Rootschat, and have only just seen your post.
Although I can't help with your names, my Blues were born and married in Kilberry and Kilcalmonell. Dugald Blue married Mary Bell in 1821 and his children were Margaret, born 1823, Archibald 1825, John 1827, Colin 1829 and Christian (female) 1831. Anything familiar there?
Dugald's father was Donald, no details known.
Blueth

Nothing yet.  I must devote some more time to this.  There are so many people called the same name and you can't be sure you have the right one.  There seems to have been a few Christina/ Christy about Kilcalmonell.  Just when I think I'm getting somewhere with my Whitehouse family, I hit another brick wall e.g. the death certificate won't state the parents' names
Anderson, Blue, McAlpine - Argyll
Dunn, Scott, Pick - Midlothian
Glen, Imray,Crow - Angus