Author Topic: Browns of Bridlington  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Catswhiskers

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Browns of Bridlington
« on: Friday 05 November 04 03:52 GMT (UK) »
Researching Browns of Bridlington  all dates
Lots of info to share
Adams,Bownes, Brown, Law,Linley,Pickering,Sedman,Suckley

Offline gillbill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Browns of Bridlington
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 November 04 20:00 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if these Browns are of interest to you.  I am the 3rd great grandneice of the wife of a George Brown of Bridlington.  George was born abt. 1755 & his wife Frances Holtby in 1769 both in Bridlington.  They married at "The Priory" on November 7th 1786 & were buried also at Bridlington Priory.
George & Frances both died in 1826.  According to our old family Bible they had 2 sons.  William was born in 1790 & died on December 25th 1833 aged 43.  The other son was George born 1799 & he died on February 8th 1827 aged 27 years, both in Bridlington.
I have found a William Holtby Brown but don't know if he is the same William or a different person.
I hope this may help you & if this does link with any of your info I'd love to hear from you as I've not progressed anywhere with my research of the Browns.
gillbill 

Offline Catswhiskers

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Browns of Bridlington
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 November 04 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

It would seem as though there is some connection here, One of the things they did was to use the wife's maiden name as a second christian name. I have come across William Holtby Brown before

In my branch of the family they used Sedman and  Pattison, both wives were from Scarborough.
All were mariners, more or less.

I will get back to you off list when I have had a chance to go through my stuff

I have just  worked 12 days out of 14 finishing yesterday and am competely cream crackered

Adams,Bownes, Brown, Law,Linley,Pickering,Sedman,Suckley