Author Topic: Info. request: RAINBOW family. (from Australia)  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Lieber

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Info. request: RAINBOW family. (from Australia)
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 February 12 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anne and Jaki,
Marion Drever Chapman was my mother (as you may know she passed away two years ago) and the daughter of Catherine Drever Rainbow - who was sister to Ercil, Ella and Nan - I have some photos - I think of Catherine's mother and father but there's nothing written on them or about them, so I'm guessing.
Contact me Jaki.  And Anne, your Uncle Keith has my email address, so contact me. 

Hi Jaki, that's what I thought. Your grandmother I guess is Marion McDonnell. I exchange Christmas cards with Marion most years, altho I think her health is not as good as it was. I'm guessing your Mum and Dad are Jeanette and John??
I hope I'm on the right track. We visited WA about 20 yrs ago and met up with Auntie Ella which was great and got a lot of family history from her about her immediate family.
Also just prior to that we visited Gippsland in Vic where Joseph & Marianne (Downie) settled to start with and met up with the Williams sisters who were Marianne's nieces and they had lots of family history info and photo's. I'm not sure what happened to all the photo's as none of them had any children to leave them to, but there were quite a few of all the children of William and Ann Downie (nee Sinclair).
I have a bit of a print out that my Uncle Keith put together that I could send you of the Rainbow side specifically. Marion has my address. Just ask her for Anne Mansell's address.
Keep in touch and I hope I can help.
All the best
Anne

Offline Jaki Ruth Ffrench

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Info. request: RAINBOW family. (from Australia)
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 August 17 11:22 BST (UK) »
Going to take a chance and reply on an old thread.
Since I posted looking for information all those years ago - I have gotten married and moved to another state (Vic).
I am once again back on the family history looking for information, and wanted to say thanks to those who provided it.
Sadly I need to start at the beginning because the info I knew I have lost. However this post came up in google (thankfully)

If anyone has any other information on the Meldrum (I have that as a second name, though I was told that it was a surname at a certain point) part of the family tree, or Chapman (though I seem to have found a lot more than I had before!)

Thanks.
Jaki
PS sorry about the second account as i have since moved and lost a lot of the login/email combinations I was using.