Author Topic: McDONALDS of Fearn  (Read 7984 times)

Offline joemacd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McDONALDS of Fearn
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 August 11 13:41 BST (UK) »
This family of MacDonald,s Match my family My father was Joseph His father was Joseph and his father was Andrew MacDonald a stone Mason and his father also a master stone mason.

Joseph MacDonald and Jane/Jean Ross,
Andrew MacDonald and Mary mackintosh married Queens hotel Perth 1st Jan1867.
My grand father Joseph MacDonald Born Leashkine Inverness.

in my family MacDonald married MacDonald, My grandfather married Janet MacDonald and his younger brother John Andrew MacDonald married grandmothers younger sister Sarah Mcnab MacDonald.

this looks like this is the same family, My grandfather was killed by a tram car in Toronto Canada. My email is * if this MacDonald would  like to contact me. Joe macDonald
My grandmother came over from Canada 1959 to visit me in England she then went on to visit more family in Paisley. 
Family names, MacDonald on my Grandfathers side, McDonald on my Grandmother's side, on my Mothers side her Maiden Name Janet Donald Maxwell, Maxwell, Weir, Scanlon, Donald, Ritchie, Smith, Sharp.

Offline joemacd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McDONALDS of Fearn
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 August 11 12:22 BST (UK) »
Re MacDonald's of Fern
Hi, am a novice on this particular website. Please bear with me...
I am researching

Joseph McKenzie McDonald ( master mason)
b. circa 1785 ? place
d. 1863 Balintore Fearn

married Jane/Jean ROSS  b.circa 1807  ?place
d. 1870 Balintore , Fearn 

I know a son John McDONALD  of 58 Muirtown St Inverness
signed  his mother's death certificate but know nothing else of him. I know of no other issue in this line except the following son.

Andrew ( my g.gfather )b. 1837/8
also Balintore Fearn  ( he was a mason to trade also )
d. Paisley ( accident )  1897
married Mary McINTOSH  in Perth  1867
d.1897 Paisley

Children:-  Joseph, Margaret, ( both born Inverness )
John ( born Kirkintilloch ) and Alice.

Would be so pleased to hear from anyone with information on
any member of the above family. Willing to share what little info I do have ...should it be required . regards..." paisleyborn "   

Joseph was my Grandfather and died in a tramcar accident in Canada 1928, John was John Andrew MacDonald who married my grandmothers younger sister Sarah McNab MacDonald, They had four children together before Sarah died, John Andrew Remarried Elizabeth lieshman and had another child Duncan who is still alive and lives in Australia, I have no idea what happened to Margaret and  Alice except that Alice  was a witness to John Andrew and Sarah's marriage 26TH March 1897 in Barrhead. One of John Andrew and Sarah's sons James was a major in the Royal artillery and a prisoner of war on the Burma railway, He had four children and who all well and live in Hampshire I have a file of births and marriages of both my fathers MacDonald side and my mother Maxwell side of the family. hope this info is of some help to paislyborn should she decide to come back to roots chat,                   Joemacd
Family names, MacDonald on my Grandfathers side, McDonald on my Grandmother's side, on my Mothers side her Maiden Name Janet Donald Maxwell, Maxwell, Weir, Scanlon, Donald, Ritchie, Smith, Sharp.