Author Topic: Woolnough, Sayer, Copeman and Lillistone  (Read 5690 times)

Offline donfay11

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Woolnough, Sayer, Copeman and Lillistone
« on: Monday 16 February 04 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi!

I'm researching these names anywhere and any time in Suffolk, but I have a special interest in Stowmarket, Wenhaston and Halesworth.

Our Woolnough and Lillistone lines both eventually found their way to Brisbane, Australia.  The Woolnough line made a side trip of one generation to Durham first.

Any information will be gleefully received!

Donny [Dianne]

Offline Daisy Dee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re:Woolnough, Sayer, Copeman and Lillistone
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 April 04 11:39 BST (UK) »
Hi I have a Woolnough within my family tree

Sarah Woolnough b 1693 STRADBROKE married 1724 Samuel Pulham she died in 1768 Horham. She was 1 of 9 children born to Joseph Woolnough and Ann Fiske they were married in 1673 in Stradbroke . Joseph b 1647 is the son of John Woolnough b 1620 Stradbroke.

have you any of these people in your tree?
For every ancestor I find , I have to find two more.

Offline jons911

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 April 04 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have some Woolnoughs in the Tunstall, Butley, Bawdsey area of Suffolk, going back to Samuel Woolnough (b 1757).  Do you have any relatives in this part of Suffolk?

Thanks

Jon

Offline Daisy Dee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 April 04 08:36 BST (UK) »
Hi jons911

I'm afraid my Woolnoughs don't descend after Sarah Woolnough 1693. As I concentrated on our lines of Pulhams's. Thus at this stage I only have Woolnough's in Stradbroke.

Much Happiness
Debi
For every ancestor I find , I have to find two more.

Offline donfay11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 April 04 14:52 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your interest.  My apologies for for taking so long to get back to everyone.  My grandmother, Eileen Woolnough, passed away and we've been busy sorting things out since.  It's nice to get back to gene!

As for where they were from - I'm afraid I'm hopeless with regard to English geography!  The majority of my Woolnoughs were born in Hartlepool and Stowmarket.  I have no idea where those places are in relation to any of the other places mentioned, so I'd have to rely on others for that information.

Does that help a all?  Probably not.
Thanks again!

Dianne

Hi

I have some Woolnoughs in the Tunstall, Butley, Bawdsey area of Suffolk, going back to Samuel Woolnough (b 1757).  Do you have any relatives in this part of Suffolk?

Thanks

Jon

Offline CannibalNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 May 04 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am fairly sure that my gg grandmother was Lucy Woolnough, born in Alderton and married in Sternfield Suffolk - both are close to where you are talking about - are we cousins?

David Sheppard
CannibalNZ
Researching Willis, Sheppard, Everett, Everitt, Woolnough and Shipp primarily in Alderton, Leiston, Knodishall, Snape - all in Suffolk, England
To all those people who do lookups - you are the best - I spend far too much time researching and if I did lookups too I would be divorced!

Offline donfay11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 June 04 16:46 BST (UK) »
Hi, Jon and David.

I'm afraid I can't find a connection to either of your Woolnoughs.  I'm not finished tracking them all down yet though, so if I find a connection I'll be sure to let you know!

Donny