Author Topic: Marriage help please  (Read 652 times)

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Marriage help please
« on: Monday 11 September 06 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Can anyone help with puzzle  :)
I am interested in tracing the marriage of -

James Thomas William CHRISTIE born around 1895
His wife Ann was born in 1895.

James (Jim) was in the Royal Navy.
They lived in Hampton Loade / Alveley area in later years.
 :) :) :) :) :) I am also keen to find out Ann's maiden name.

Any help very much appreciated  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage help please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 September 06 21:56 BST (UK) »

If you know of any kids, then their mother's maiden name will be in the GRO birth indexes.
Otherwise, it's a manual search of the indexes, which, after 1911 or so will show partner's surname.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 September 06 22:09 BST (UK) »

If you know of any kids, then their mother's maiden name will be in the GRO birth indexes.
Otherwise, it's a manual search of the indexes, which, after 1911 or so will show partner's surname.

Pauline

Thanks Pauline.   I will take a look.
I have a rough idea of the maiden name. I know it's sounds strange, but I want to try and prove my self wrong in this case. I knew this couple when i was a child and often sat and ate tea and cakes with them. They both died a few years back. Now I can't belive that Ann may be the missing link of a family tree I am doing !  :o :o :o :o :o :o
Hope that does'nt sound double dutch  ;D ;D ;D ;D
 :) :) :) :) :)

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 September 06 13:19 BST (UK) »
Found it  :) :)
James Christie married Anne carroll
Oct quarter 1923
bridgnorth district

I have been searching for info on Ann carroll for about 5 years now - and she turns out to be the woman I used to sit and eat tea and cakes with when I was a small child !

I thought really hard this morning and tried to reach way back in my mind ( hard work - bearing in mind a lot of early memory was erased when I had my head injury 10 years ago !) and suddenley remembered  the excitement of  a 50th wedding anniversary way, way back in my mind. So just searched 1920 to 1925 and hey presto there is was  listed in 1923 !
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
So the moral of the story is - think hard for any snippet you can remember - it might just be the "axe" to break the brick wall !