Author Topic: Richard Jenkins Bedwelty church yard  (Read 1110 times)

Offline diana1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Jenkins Bedwelty church yard
« on: Thursday 14 September 06 10:03 BST (UK) »
Dear Caroline - some time ago you found the headstone of my Richard Jenkins of the Black Prince Inn Tredegar born 1776 died 1843 with wife Ann in the same grave at the St. Sannan's graveyard. 

My cousin has just visited the graveyard last week and says that there is another gravestone next door to that one which is very eroded.   She thinks that it is  of Richard Jenkins - cannot read the date and then Geor...E Jenkins 1808.   She says that it is 15 meters south of the south west corner of the Church Tower.    From the photo she sent it looks to be lying down on the ground.    Unfortunately they had nothing with them to try to clean it and read it properly.    They live near Manchester so it is a long hike for them to go again.      I am not sure if you remember but I live in the South of England so that will also be difficult.

I am hoping that it may be the grave of the father of Richard Jenkins as I cannot find out where Richard Jenkins 1776 - 1843 was born.    All I know is that in 1841 he was not born in county - so basically it could be anywhere.      I was hoping that it may say something on the grave stone.     From the photo it definately has the first name as Richard.

Please would you be able to go and have a look at it for me.

thank you so much
Diana

Offline c w

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Jenkins Bedwelty church yard
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 September 06 21:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana,

I am sorry I had not seen your request  :-[

I will now send you a PM with regards to this.

Caroline :)
Chidgey (west Somerset)
Morgan(Radnorshire & Tredegar, Mon.)
Griffiths (Tredegar, Mon.)
Morgan (Monmouthshire)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk