Author Topic: Corcoran/Rooney Marriage  (Read 3873 times)

Offline mightymum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Corcoran/Rooney Marriage
« on: Friday 15 September 06 10:21 BST (UK) »
 :( Alice Corcoran b.10th Aug 1856,Catherina Corcoran b.3rd Feb 1855 Drum Co Roscommon,parents Mathei(mathew)Corcoran and Mariae(Mary) Shawe.Other siblings Mary Corcoran b.3rd July 1865 Mullingar,Emily Corcoran b.20th Nov 1869 Dublin and Mathew Corcoran b.1st Nov 1867 Ireland.
Alice was my Great Great Grandmother she married Patrick Rooney,where or  the year i dont know, 1872 she would have been 16 so i am guessing that year or after,their first child was born 1875 Bridget Rooney ,then Ellen Rooney 1878,Patrick Rooney 1880 and my Great Grandmother Alice Rooney born 1882,all children were born in Tubber,Moate Co Westmeath.
I am desperately trying to find the marriage of Alice & Patrick Rooney to be able to trace the Rooney family.i have enquired with a researcher who has found the marriage in the Catholic Church Records,but the fees were far far to high for me,and obviously she would not even give me a clue to where the marriage took place or the year etc,so if anyone has any other ideas of finding the marriage please please share it with me.

Thanks in advance