Author Topic: password problem  (Read 792 times)

Offline Sisterjane

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Castle Hill Huddersfield...Im Here..Where are They
    • View Profile
password problem
« on: Saturday 06 November 04 19:16 GMT (UK) »
 ???help ???
i can no longer stay logged on permanently like i could pre the new server and today it wont accept my password and tells me to get a new one so i did 4 times whats wrong( i swear ive not been to the pub today :-X
joe
Kershaw, Longbottom,Parvin
Areas  Huddersfield, Brighouse, Rastrick ,Thirsk, Sand Hutton
Masters in London/Surrey
Cencus information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: password problem
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 November 04 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Joe,

Well it must have accepted your password otherwise you wouldn't have been able to post your message just now.

To make sure that RootsChat remembers you, make sure your computer is accepting cookies (ie. check your browser under settings, privacy, or your virus checker).

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: password problem
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 November 04 19:40 GMT (UK) »
You can test if your cookies are being accepted by clicking this link:

http://www.rootschat.com/help/cookie.html

Another thing that you might want to do is to clear all your cookies, then try it again.BUT before you do clear your cookies, make sure you know how to access other sites that rely on cookies. :) The thing is when we moved server we moved from rootschat.co.uk to rootschat.com - you might have an old cookie hanging on there. You may be able to find the rootschat cookie on your computer, then delete just that one, then log in and hopefully the "new cookie" will make RootsChat remember you.

Another thing to check is how you are finding us. We have a few different domain names that point to us. If you come to rootschat with one of the other domains, again the cookie will get confused. Our main domain is www.rootschat.com (check your bookmark).

Trystan
RootsChat Admin

Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.