Author Topic: GOVET(T) Edward - Wiveliscombe  (Read 3152 times)

Offline tabitha

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
GOVET(T) Edward - Wiveliscombe
« on: Saturday 06 November 04 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has come across the Govet(t) family from Wiveliscombe.

Edward Govet born abt 1700 married Mary Collard at Wiveliscombe in 1726.

Children included Edward (1727), John (1730) and William (1733).

Edward is my husband's 7xG Grandfather.

Thanks
Claire (aka tabitha!)
Bevan, Hill, Tustin, Watkins, Teague (Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Rockett, Lillycrap, Govett, Gready, Saunders (Somerset). Sussex, Smale (Devon). Oliver, Kennedy, Cummings, Wright (Co. Durham). Farish (Cumberland, Scotland). Cox (London, Middlessex, Buckinghamshire).

Offline CRG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Govet(t) Edward - Wiveliscombe
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 November 04 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Claire / Tabitha

Edward was the third of 6 children.  His parents were William Govett (born c.1671, died 1731) and Dorothy (born c.1675, died 1747).  My sense is that William may descend from Richard of Stringston for whom I have a tree created by Francis R Govett but I haven't yet been able to confirm the link.  Francis created 5 trees about 50 years ago and was convinced that all the Govetts were related, but he couldn't find the links.

Edward's son John had 13 children, his wife was Ann Smith. 

Kind regards Chris

Offline tabitha

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 November 04 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Chris!! Another link in the chain. Do you mind me asking if you have the details of William and Dorothy's other children and also the children of John Govett and Ann Smith?? I understand that one of their children is Ann (born 23 Nov 1759 in Wiveliscombe), she married William Rockett  (14 May 1781 in Wiveliscombe)

I'd be eternally grateful if you would be able to let me have them ......I'm determined to fill in as many branches of my tree as possible!!!  ;D

If you are interested in the tree from William Rockett & Ann Govet please let me know as I'd be more than happy to send it to you!

Thank you again - you've made my day  :)

Claire  aka tabitha!
Bevan, Hill, Tustin, Watkins, Teague (Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Rockett, Lillycrap, Govett, Gready, Saunders (Somerset). Sussex, Smale (Devon). Oliver, Kennedy, Cummings, Wright (Co. Durham). Farish (Cumberland, Scotland). Cox (London, Middlessex, Buckinghamshire).

Offline CRG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 December 04 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Claire

I've been travelling so no chance to look at this - but will do so and come back to you within a few days.

Yes please, I would like to see the tree.

Kind regards Chris

Offline tabitha

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 December 04 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris,

If you'd like to send me a Personal Message with your email address, I'd be more than happy to send you a copy of the tree (pdf format - is that ok?)

I'll send you a PM with my email too!

Cheers

Claire aka tabitha!

Offline grove27

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 16 April 10 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hello

Not sure if this string is still live but I have a Govett family starting with Thomas Govett and Elisabeth Rogers who married in Wiveliscombe in 1764. They had 10 children 1764 to 1785 in Wiveliscome with Thomas (1775-1858) marrying Ann Baker Swanger (1779-1840) in Algate London in 1804.

If you are able to help connect this Govett line it would be greatly appreciated

Sanger/Swanger/Swainger Mason Luckwell Wheddon Bartlett Stockham Baker Pride Snow Silk Whitfield- Somerset
Myers Slingsby - Yorkshire
Lynch  O'Dea Connell Maher - Limerick
Foley Reddy Mangin Campion - Bennetts Bridge, Kilkenny
Talbot Osbourne- NZ

Offline Glyph7

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GOVET(T) Edward - Wiveliscombe
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 01 January 11 06:42 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the Govetts from Wiveliscombe. I would love to share what info I have and see what gaps I can fill.

Nathan

Offline Denz76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GOVET(T) Edward - Wiveliscombe
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 April 21 00:26 BST (UK) »
William Rockett and Ann Govet are my 6th great grandparents.