Author Topic: Lambfield - Ireland - anyone heard of this place?  (Read 5313 times)

Offline Mrs Teddy Bear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lambfield - Ireland - anyone heard of this place?
« on: Wednesday 20 September 06 13:27 BST (UK) »
I have just found my 5x Gt Granny's death on Scotlands people. It says that she was born in Lambfield Ireland.

Does this place ring any bells with anyone?

Her maiden name was either McCarrie or McCannie - the writing is a bit diffcult to read.

She was born in 1763 and lived to the grand old age of 92 - no mean feat in those days.
Carnegie, Bushmills County Antrim, McLaughlin Campbell, Ballycastle . Toomey, Limerick, Dolan or Doulan or Doolan. McAlindon

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
Re: Lambfield - Ireland - anyone heard of this place?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 September 06 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Mrs T. Lambfield is in the Parish of Drumglass in the Townland of Dungannon in county Tyrone.

Colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline Mrs Teddy Bear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 September 06 16:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this information -this gives me a new avenue to wander down
Carnegie, Bushmills County Antrim, McLaughlin Campbell, Ballycastle . Toomey, Limerick, Dolan or Doulan or Doolan. McAlindon

Offline enfield

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 November 06 21:24 GMT (UK) »
In Irish it is leamhchoille, and means the yew wood.
 Tom.

Offline sparkie2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 August 09 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Mrs TB,

please find attached some info regarding Grace Macannie who is also a relative of mine, this is an extract from her death certficate

Grace Macannie, Pauper in the Poor Roll, Female, 92, born Lambfield, Ireland, 17 Years in this parish. Father - Michael Macannier, A Hackler, Mother - Dolly McDonel. First husband - Michael McCrorie, second husband - James Dowllen. Children - John McCrorie aged 59 in 1855, Michael McCrorie, 57, Thomas Dowllen 47, James Dowllen aged 49 deceased, William Dowllen 40, Richard Dowllen 30. Death date January 30th 1855 at 3:45pm at Portpatrick Village. Influenza 9 days. Buried Portpatrick Churchyard, signed by William Dowllen, Son, Portpatrick, Catherine Niven, witness, Helen Niven, witness.

if you have any additional info on the family I would be greatful if you could share this with me,

Offline BillyMac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 25 October 10 20:04 BST (UK) »
I have just found my 5x Gt Granny's death on Scotlands people. It says that she was born in Lambfield Ireland.

Does this place ring any bells with anyone?

Her maiden name was either McCarrie or McCannie - the writing is a bit diffcult to read.

She was born in 1763 and lived to the grand old age of 92 - no mean feat in those days.

Offline BillyMac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 25 October 10 20:33 BST (UK) »
Grace Macannie was married to my 4x Gt Grandfather Michael McCrorie who was from Tyrone. As noted they has 2 sons from her first marriage, John and Michael (born in 1798, as far as I know in Tyrone but not registered). Michael married Jane Robb and their son Patrick married Margaret Brown Maltman in Portpatrick and they had 9 children.
I would be grateful if anyone had any info on Michael McCrorie born in 1798 and his father who I have no information on.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 25 October 10 20:35 BST (UK) »
... John and Michael (born in 1798, as far as I know in Tyrone but not registered)...

Civil registration of births didn't start until 1864 so there will be no birth certificates before that date.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline lisalasell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 06 July 19 03:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, Grace mcannie is my 4th great grandmother. If interested we could compare trees etc. My tree is on ancestry