Author Topic: Lambfield - Ireland - anyone heard of this place?  (Read 5312 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Lambfield - Ireland - anyone heard of this place?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 July 19 10:58 BST (UK) »
Lisalasell, welcome to Rootschat   :)

I can't give you any info about your ancestors, but I do have some about the title of this thread, Lambfield.

It is in the townland of Lurgaboy, Drumglass Civil Parish, Co. Tyrone
https://www.townlands.ie/tyrone/dungannon-middle/drumglass/lurgaboy/

Click (+) a couple of times and the original Lambfield house was roughly where Lambfield Drive meets Coalisland Road.

See also:
https://apps2.spatialni.gov.uk/EduSocial/PRONIApplication/index.html
Enter Lurganboy.......Drumglass
OSNI Historical 2nd edition (1846-1862) shows Lambfield on western boundary of Lurgaboy. (sic)

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Gilbert2345

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 October 20 11:02 BST (UK) »
Grace Macannie was married to my 4x Gt Grandfather Michael McCrorie who was from Tyrone. As noted they has 2 sons from her first marriage, John and Michael (born in 1798, as far as I know in Tyrone but not registered). Michael married Jane Robb and their son Patrick married Margaret Brown Maltman in Portpatrick and they had 9 children.
I would be grateful if anyone had any info on Michael McCrorie born in 1798 and his father who I have no information on.

Hi I’m looking into family tree for the McCrorie. I’ve traced back a possible link of the father being Patrick Mccrorie born in 1770 and passed away 1808. I don’t know how concrete this is. Is there any way of finding a death certificate ? Can someone point me in direction of finding what cause of death was and then going back further again ? Thanks

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 October 20 12:45 BST (UK) »

Is there any way of finding a death certificate ? Can someone point me in direction of finding what cause of death was and then going back further again ? 

Civil registration of deaths in Ireland started in 1864 (and likewise births & Catholic marriages). So, before that date, and before 1845 for Protestant marriages, church records (if they exist) will need to be found. You will need to have an idea of location (parish if not actual townland) and religion. In general, only the Church of Ireland kept burial records although you may find some for other religions elsewhere.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo