Author Topic: Who Do You Think You Are (III) #3: Colin Jackson  (Read 23040 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Who Do You Think You Are (III) #3: Colin Jackson
« Reply #63 on: Friday 22 September 06 18:18 BST (UK) »

Thank you Gordon :D  I just hope I don't miss that one aswell ;D
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 22 September 06 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hi All

I too enjoyed Colin Jackson and I too thought he handled things well I did think the tears were coming when he was standing at his grandmothers grave
We all know what it is like to find the grave and no headstone

Going on my hols for two weeks and will miss the next two if the video is set wrong

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 22 September 06 20:59 BST (UK) »
Lloydy,

I had to video it as I was working so I won't tape over the video until you reply on here saying to caught the repeat, if you miss it I'll post you the video!  Will also be taping the David Tennant episode too as I'm off to a concert next Wednesday.

Legs
xxxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Friday 22 September 06 23:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks legs

I will keep you in mind have set the tape for the next two weeks fingers xxxxxxxxxxxd???????????????

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Friday 22 September 06 23:24 BST (UK) »

This has to be the best one yet, and it showed them actually looking through the records :D

I am really enjoying this series..
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline bitty_matriarch

• RootsChat Member
  • What good is information if not shared with others
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 23 September 06 07:35 BST (UK) »
It went at a cracking pace.

You can say that again! what a great programme, think I'll have to watch the repeat next week though to absorb it all   

I managed to miss this one, so when's the repeat on, please??  WHOOPS - just seen it above - apologies :(

Ann

CAWTHORN, SCOTT & DeSilva PALMER from Cambridgeshire & West Norfolk [and beyond]
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~cawthorn/genealogy/

Offline Frances

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry & Alexandra Burr
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Saturday 23 September 06 08:16 BST (UK) »
I was away when Colin was shown so recorded it and watched it last night. Great, I agree it was the best one yet :) :) :)

Frances
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

-------------------------------------------------- 
Hope/Buckinghamshire    Palmer Cambridge
Hope/Camberwell            Palmer Essex  
Bolton/Camberwell           Emery Potton Bedfordshire
DeBoo/ Poplar/Anywhere           
Oliver /Chatteris, Cambs.   
Redkison/ Anywhere          
Carter Bedfordshire
Bernard/Stepney
Lawrence/Colchester Essex 
Carter/ Leytonstone
Bones/ Essex
Tullett/ Surrey/Essex

Offline Jean McGurn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Saturday 23 September 06 08:25 BST (UK) »
Suzanne may have had to change her surname if  there was another Suzanne Jackson on Equity's books.

Harry H  Corbett (of Steptoe & Son fame) had to add the H because of Harry Corbett (of Sooty fame)   I think the same thing happened in America with James Stewart & Stewart Granger. Stewart G having to change because James was already in films.

Jean
McGurn, Stables, Harris, Owens, Bellis, Stackhouse, Darwent, Co(o)mbe

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Saturday 23 September 06 09:25 BST (UK) »
Suzanne may have had to change her surname if there was another Suzanne Jackson on Equity's books.

Harry H Corbett (of Steptoe & Son fame) had to add the H because of Harry Corbett (of Sooty fame) I think the same thing happened in America with James Stewart & Stewart Granger. Stewart G having to change because James was already in films.

Jean

Who needs Wikipedia?  Rootschatters are a mine of information!

JULIAN
ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble