Author Topic: Book: "A Contemptible Little Flying Corps"  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Patk

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Book: "A Contemptible Little Flying Corps"
« on: Sunday 07 November 04 03:35 GMT (UK) »
Lists NC'O's in the Royal Flying Corps, written by L McInnes and JV Webb.Published 1991.
If anyone has a copy or, easy access to one, :) please would you advise me, for a lookup request.
There is only one copy here, in a University Library and that is 500k's away, and not available for an interloan.
Many thanks
Patk
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bouncing Emails

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re: Book: "A Contemptible Little Flying Corps"
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 November 04 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat,

I don't have the book but would the library do a quick lookup for you..... It might cost you a couple of quid but it would be worth it eh?
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 November 04 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat

There seem to be a number of sites with the book for sale (as per google). Perhaps one of them would do a lookup for you? Could be worth an email - nothing lost if they don't reply. This was the only one I found in oz
http://www.imprimaturbooks.com.au
Also, as Fitty said maybe the library would do the lookup? In some instances (often journal articles) Libraries will provide a copy of the article rather than lend the book (for a fee usually).

This site could provide infomation as well - they have a research service
http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/london/research/enquiries.cfm

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Patk

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 November 04 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Dear Fitty and Trish
I never thought of asking the Canterbury Uni Library to do a look up, for payment, and I do have the call- up reference supplied by our National Library.
I have already tried several bookshop sites, but not the one you suggest Trish, so if all fails I will take up your suggestion too.
Many thanks to you both,
Regards
Pat
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bouncing Emails