Author Topic: need 1841 Irish census- family Jenkins-Co.Cork  (Read 3993 times)

Offline leagen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Researching Family from Ireland during potato fam
    • View Profile
need 1841 Irish census- family Jenkins-Co.Cork
« on: Sunday 07 November 04 07:08 GMT (UK) »
I have been told most census of 1841 for Ire. were destroyed But a Few May be out there.  If Anyone has or knows where to access such please look for a John (N.M.I.) Jenkins w/wife Mary/Maria J. Jenkins  and kids John (b) ca. 1833/34,  Ralph (b) ca. 1838/39 and  Charles (b) ca. 1840/41.  The mother Mary (b) between 1804 to 1816,  the father John (b) between 1797 to 1817.  Mary was either a Salmon or Dwyer at birth.  (Maybe born Salmon and (m) a Dwyer before (m) Jenkins).  Eldest son John may actually have been son of Dwyer and went by Jenkins after Mary married him.  Family history says from Co. Cork but no town, parish etc. known.  Left Ire. during potato famine so This census is really the Only One which could really help me.  I have done research and found that all 3 names were found together in only these places: Laois-Galway-Tip.-and Dublin City. So family May have lived in Any of those places instead of Co. Cork  but I must start somewhere.   Thank you in advance.        Leagen
Jenkins-Salmon-Dwyer-Hill-Sargent/ Seargent-Young/ Jung-White-Kinney/ Kenny-Cook-Waterman-O'Neill-McDonald-Shufelt/ Shufeldt-Wilbur/ Wilber-Patterson--Covey-Tisdale-Wells-Dodge-Palmer.