Author Topic: Pritchard / Prichard - where are they?  (Read 3752 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Pritchard / Prichard - where are they?
« on: Sunday 24 September 06 17:18 BST (UK) »
I have checked the 1871 census and cannot find this family anywhere so I am hoping someone with fresh eyes may just find what I am missing

The family are as follows:

Hugh Pritchard / Prichard born 1856 Llangristiolus.
In 1861 he is living with his Grandparents Owen and Ann Owen in Llangristiolus. His mother is named as Ann Owen but she is married to a seaman. She was born about 1837 in Llangristiolus.

Now I have searched in 1871 for Ann Pritchard and Prichard born in 1837 and nothing comes up. I have even tried Ann and Anne and still nothing.
Hugh is working as a servant in Anglesey at that time so no good looking for him with her.

I canot seem to find Ann and her husband - his name is the one I am looking for. I can't even find a marriage.

In 1851 Ann has left home as she is not on the census with her parents Owen and Ann. She is a servant working for a farmer in the village

If she married a Seaman could it have been in Bangor, Caernarfon or Holyhead?

Could she have travelled with him?

Loads of questions and no answers so far

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.