Author Topic: Beard and Scrivens Worcestershire  (Read 18473 times)

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
Beard and Scrivens Worcestershire
« on: Sunday 07 November 04 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Surely I'm not the only member of my family tracing Beards and Scrivens in Worcestershire. I did find one lady who listed my father in her family tree, BUT when I e-mailed her I got a reply from her husband saying she died 3 months before (I felt awfull) and he had no knowledge.

Do you know anyone with links to Scrivens, Kings Heath, Beards in West Bromwich, Beard in Worcestershire?

I feel so lonely   ???

Mike

Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline lindagene

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Beard and Scrivens Worcestershire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 November 04 13:34 GMT (UK) »
  Mike I know just how you feel, I have been looking for Snowdons forever, some days I think that I am the only person in the world who is,    when I check out all the available sites I do sometimes see others, but never in the regions that I am interested in.   Some day - maybe- I just keep on hoping.   Hang on in there, it will come eventually    Lindy ::)
Snowdon, Collinson,  Durham, Northumberland,Yorkshire
Payne, Essex    Baker  Norfolk/Essex/Australia
Davies  Staffordshire, Shropshire

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 November 04 14:01 GMT (UK) »

You are definitely not alone Mike  ;D

I am always amazed when others find  enormous branches of their tree on the net. :o

I have never found the remotest connection with anyone else. Nobody is interested in my lot except me  :'(

Darcy
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline honeybun

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 November 04 14:55 GMT (UK) »
I'm glad to find others in the same boat.

I'm amazed at others who find loads of people in their family on the net (although I would be a bit suspicious if I did find something quite so good ...)
I have had one reply from RootsChat from someone who is a distant cousin and with whom I share the family back from around 1820, but apart from that nothing!

Any Wooltons out there?

Honeybun
Buckett, Woolton: Kent
Buckett: Hampshire and Surrey
Taylor: Wigan
Preece: Herefordshire

Offline Jaybeebuzz

• RootsChat Member
  • John "Jack" Pinchin 1889-1958
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 26 May 05 18:57 BST (UK) »
Mike

If it helps you feel less lonely, my gt grandmother came to live in Wyre Piddle, Worcs after she was married. Her name was Elizabeth Mary Scrivens and she married Richard Pinchin, but my Scrivens all come from Gloucestershire originally! (like you, until recently I was the only one researching my particular Scrivens line, even though there are lots of researchers of the Scrivens of Glos. It just seemed that no one was interested in my particular  lot!)

Julie

RESEARCHING TINSON & BALLARD, WORCESTERSHIRE
SCRIVENS & PINCHIN GLOUCESTERSHIRE
ATTWOOD, BALLARD & TINSON - WORCESTERSHIRE (ESP WYRE PIDDLE)
SCRIVENS & PINCHIN - GLOUCESTERSHIRE
GREEN - Bilston, Staffs, Llanelli, Wales
BURROUGHS - Chilmark, Wilts, & Camberwell, London
LISSENDEN - Whitstable, Kent
EVERSHAM - Herefordshire
DAVIES - Evenjobb, Radnorshire, Kington, HEF
HARDING - Cheltenham, GLS.

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 July 05 11:03 BST (UK) »
I've already spoken to Mike as I am researching the name Beard too but we have established that they are from different parts of Worcestershire and I can't find any further info on them either

GGGRRRRRR!! (chewing carpet in frustration)

And as for Hiltons in Wolverhampton not even a nibble from a relly

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 25 July 05 12:13 BST (UK) »
Have you tried putting a letter in the Black Country Bugle ?? It might help - loads of people from all over the place read that.
Good Luck
alveleyhistorian

Offline jacquelineve

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 July 05 16:12 BST (UK) »
Mike

I know exactly how you feel.

I'm researching Whitehouse from Tipton Staffs,there are said to be trillions of them in the Blackcountry,but can I find one
connected to mine.
           There's a Beard somewhere in my family(Kenneth)
unsure as to whether 1st.or 2nd.cousin to my mom.
probably born 1930's Dudley area.(great?)
               Anyway "plod on"

Jacquelineve.
Dudley Worcs:Ellis Durkin Oakley Rich Smith
Baggot Saunders Turner Williams Hobbs
Harts Hill: Baggot Wright

Tipton:Whitehouse (boatman) Timmins
Yorkshire:Littlewood Wilcockson
Derbyshire:Wilcockson

Derby Belper:Spencer
Herefordshire Brampton Bryan:-Turner

Worcs. Hereford. Gloucs.
Hodgetts

Radnorshire: Meredith
Bristol Somerset: Box

Census Information is Crown Copyright from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dahlia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 13 August 05 16:12 BST (UK) »
Don't give up - I am fresh back from my holidays - some of which was spent in Kent RO, looking up a link I have been digging around for 12 years in London.  At last I have found the family before they got to London, but that is another story!  Perseverance is the name of the game! 

I do have lots of Scrivenses on my tree, but they come from Gloucestershire originally.  I don't have any links to Worcestershire on that side I'm afraid. I did check out a group in Colwall/Hollybush/Bromsberrow area, but I don't know if they moved further north.  I'll keep my eyes open as the name leaps out of a page at me sometimes.

If you want to mail me some details I'll try to look out anything useful.

Regards

Dahlia
Clare, Nichols, Bradley, Adams, Griffiths, Lambert in Bucks, Middx, Kent, Liverpool, Worcestershire
Haworth in Lancashire and Halifax, Jaques in Leeds, Buxton in Manchester and Derbyshire.