Author Topic: BIGGS family- Bebbington  (Read 14007 times)

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BIGGS family- Bebbington
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 10:28 BST (UK) »
How about these births for children Elizabeth and William,

Elizbeth DOBIE  Dec Q  1887  Toxteth Park  v.8b  p.207

William Henry DOBBIE  Jun Q  1890  Toxteth Park  v.8b  p.226

I see you've foud an Elizabeth GIBBONS in Flintshire here,

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,188872.msg926146.html#msg926146

but I wonder, if she was adopted her birth may not have been registered as GIBBONS, there is this Elizabeth in Liverpool 1871,

1871  RG10/3796  f.150  p.22  Liverpool
3 Court House No1, Combermere? St

William GIBBONS   44  Carter
Judith                50
William               16  Labourer
Thomas              14      "  "
Elizabeth              9                    All born Lancashire

I only really mention this one because of the mother's name Judith, it really is just a long shot. If you get the marriage cert. for John & Elizabeth hopefully it will give more clues  :)

Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline sam-ann

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 11:35 BST (UK) »
EEH DAISY, THIS REMINDS ME OF WORKING WITH MY SISTER... iTS SO MUCH EASEIER WITH SOMEONE TO TALK TO!
Well i'm only going off what my sister-in-law told me that i'm doing this for, but when i looked i couldn;t find Elizabeth G in Liverpool! well told u i am rubbish at this...ahahaha. What you have just sent me looks more than pleasing becaue the Dobbie family were in that same area! So that would make more sence.

Daisy we have a lot in commom with these names don't we. hahahaha

Loads of thanks
Sam-Ann

Offline sam-ann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 11:42 BST (UK) »
Daisy, thats the Elizabeth i found to in flintshire, which made me think she was born there you see.
the court house area of Liverpoool is where  the Dobbies where at on some records so the plot is thickening. I will tell Christine and she will get the cert and then we can go further back.

The Elizabeth and william Dobbie info-BRILLAINT ! just poor genius..

Cheers
Daisy

Offline sam-ann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 11:50 BST (UK) »
Daisy just ME again!
I've sat and looked at this info you sent, by gum your right i think.Yes, the Judtih is a good connection with Elizabeths daug of the same name also William her father is the same as her son's name..
I think your right AND i think my sister-in-law maybe on about another g grandmother possibly the ANN who married John Hughes, as John was born flintshire Wales and i don't have a marriage as yet for him and Ann. I think it could be these that the Welsh bit ites in with as for the adoption.... we'll see

Thanks Daisy  THANK YOU

Sam-Ann

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 12:47 BST (UK) »

Let us know when you get the marriage cert. it will be interesting to see if it helps show the 1871 family is the right one or not. This may not be her at all, or she could have been adopted by William & Judith GIBBONS  :-\ :)

What tangled webs they weaved  ;D

Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Louenna Biggs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Saturday 16 September 17 04:02 BST (UK) »
I too am researching my Biggs family......William Henry Biggs is my husbands great grandfather. His wife Hannah Archer. I have sources for them. William Henrys father and mother as on his birth registration are William Biggs and Ann Jones. I am stonewalled at this point. There are some family trees out there with info but seem to have 2 families joined together and no sources. Villages mentioned in records are Bebington, Chester, Wirral, (Lancashire)to Buckinghamshire to Old Dustin (in later years). Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :) thank you, L. Biggs

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Saturday 16 September 17 07:27 BST (UK) »
I too am researching my Biggs family......William Henry Biggs is my husbands great grandfather. His wife Hannah Archer. I have sources for them. William Henrys father and mother as on his birth registration are William Biggs and Ann Jones. I am stonewalled at this point. There are some family trees out there with info but seem to have 2 families joined together and no sources. Villages mentioned in records are Bebington, Chester, Wirral, (Lancashire)to Buckinghamshire to Old Dustin (in later years). Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :) thank you, L. Biggs

Lancashire parish records
http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Search/indexp.html
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford