Author Topic: owen or williams bethsda  (Read 1128 times)

Offline glen o

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
owen or williams bethsda
« on: Tuesday 26 September 06 13:00 BST (UK) »
does anyone know anything to do with my taids family robert owen 1880s born  i have been searching anglesey my dad remmbers has a child he visted familyin bethsda  my taid married elizabeth williams she could be the ties with bethsda i realy dont  know could anyone help with a start to my welsh roots            cheers glenys owen
owen and  williams   anglesey          brooks lancs  sporston cheshire

Offline WelshGen

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/
    • View Profile
Re: owen or williams bethsda
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 October 06 02:44 BST (UK) »
Try using the marriage section of Ancestry.com This allows you to put both partners names in and your taid's date of birth. It will probably give you a large list and then you will have to try and narrow it down a bit.
I have the complete census for 1840 for Caernarvonshire which I can look through but it will take a while as these are scanned images of the actual census. If your relatives lived on Anglesey in 1840 then I will be wasting my time looking. Have you tried starting with your own parents when they were children which gives you your grandparents. (you need their dates of birth to narrow the search down). If you know where they are buried then you could visit the graveyard (not everyones cup of tea) but it's just another idea for you.
Jones, Parry, Williams on Lleyn, Hughes, Thomas on Anglesey/Caernarvonshire, Blunt, Davies, Lee in Dudley, Staffs
Cox, Humphreys and Keech, Bedford
My website http://www.spanglefish.com/welshgenealogy/

Offline glen o

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: owen or williams bethsda
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 October 06 02:50 BST (UK) »
thanks i will try that i recently had some help through another rooter found mty tiads family from anglesey but diffterly was  cousins to my dad in bethsa  cheeers glenys
owen and  williams   anglesey          brooks lancs  sporston cheshire