Author Topic: whats happend  (Read 1173 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
whats happend
« on: Sunday 07 November 04 16:53 GMT (UK) »
 ever since i  joined roots chat i have had no problems, except when my e mails from roots chat were put in my junk mail box, but these last few days, have nearly done my head in, no notifications,i have had to dash round the sight like a crazy woman, to see if i have any replies,then i keep coming up as guest, even though i logged in then had to change my password, when i did get a notification today, on a very old topic, when it said, do you wish to de activate this topic, click here, and i did, i could,nt because , the sreen came up as  guest, again, and all i got was "warning you must sighn in ect."  i am feeling very frustrated, as roots chat was second nature to me before, but now i feel as if i dont know what i am doing,every thing has changed,  i hope it all gets right again soon, sorry im wingeing,  nora T :'( ???
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline Sisterjane

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Castle Hill Huddersfield...Im Here..Where are They
    • View Profile
Re: whats happend
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 November 04 17:52 GMT (UK) »
thats the same problem im having  :'(
joe
Kershaw, Longbottom,Parvin
Areas  Huddersfield, Brighouse, Rastrick ,Thirsk, Sand Hutton
Masters in London/Surrey
Cencus information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 November 04 19:48 GMT (UK) »
It looks like a few settings were rearranged during the transfer to the new server . It will just take a little work to set things up again ...... which is relatively speaking (no pun intended) very little on our part given what the admin and mods have done in providing this service.

That apart it is very frustrating to suddenly find the machines not doing what you intended them to do .... but thats computers for you  :)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 November 04 21:54 GMT (UK) »
and i did not get notification of your posting falkyrn, i had to come looking for it, what am i doing wrong?  or is it my p.c.  ??? regards nora T. ps i ticked notify me of replies.maybe lucky this time, nora :-\
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 November 04 23:42 GMT (UK) »
I can only apologize for the problems you are having.

It is all my fault, and I'm sorry

We've moved onto a new server because the old one could not cope with the demand placed on it and moved from ".co.uk" to ".com".

We've also upgraded some of the workings of RootsChat, and that's why you are experiencing these problems.

Sorry again,
Trystan
RootsChat Caretaker
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 November 04 13:37 GMT (UK) »
tyrystan, i was notified of your posting, so things might be looking up,      but can you tell me , when i go to your e mail and press on you have recieved an e mail ect. it gets up roots chat, but i am a guest, and can,t reply to you, then i try to log on , but my new password is refused, so i try my old one, that is refused also, i do not want  to pick another, because, i have rootschat as one of my  favorites, and i get straight through to rootschat , and , welcome nora you have 9 messages, ect,  what a puzzlement to nana nora, but i dont blame you trystan, i am getting senile or something,  regards nora T ???

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 November 04 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Nora,

You must be inputting the right password otherwise you wouldn't be able to post the message you just did? If you click in the "9 mesages" bit (or whatever messages it says you have) then it will take you straight to your messages.

I think you are having problems logging in because perhaps you are already logged in, if that makes any sense? Not too sure ???

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 09 November 04 01:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nora

I kept forgetting to request the email notification so under my name at the top of the screen (after I have logged in) is a link

Show new replies to your posts

This seems the easiest way to track all my posts

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk