Author Topic: Charles J. Wagner, Anton & Thecla Wagner  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Charles J. Wagner, Anton & Thecla Wagner
« on: Wednesday 27 September 06 23:09 BST (UK) »
I don't know if Anton and Thecla came to America, but I do know Charles did...but from where in England? I have no clue.

Charles J. Wagner son of Anton and Thecla
b. abt 1855 Poland or Russia
resided/grew up somewhere in England prior to 1883 and possibly prior to 1873-if the 10 years residency was required for citizenship for him. he is definately a citizen of the U.S. by 1883.

Charles left England for America from Liverpool in 1883, not his first trip from England. are there records of departure at Liverpool? I have a New York passenger list with Charles on it, but it isn't his original immigration to America and I haven't
succeeded in finding that yet. unless he is a 10 year old boy arriving in 1866 I don't see him at Castle Gardens...none of the other Wagners with this 10 year old match what I have for Charles.
I also have never found Anton and Thecla in any American records.
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt