Author Topic: Llanwrtyd: PRICE, Penybont Isaf  (Read 4812 times)

Offline cochiaid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Llanwrtyd: PRICE, Penybont Isaf
« on: Thursday 28 September 06 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Listers,

G G G Grandparents of mine were MARGARET PRICE, (daughter of ELIZABETH PRICE and Mr(?) PRICE of Penybont Isaf, Llanwrtyd) who married REES JONES of Cwmirfon & New Inn, Llanwrtyd in abt 1797. I have the JONES part of my Tree but would like to trace the PRICE element of the Tree. All I know for sure is that the mother Elizabeth, gave the ground for the building of the Cal/Meth Chapel in the centre of Llanwrtyd Wells. Also daughter MARGARET was co-inheritor of property from her mother.

Any help appreciated, or any descendants of the PRICE Tree warmly welcomed.

All the best,

Cochiaid

Offline Anotheran

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llanwrtyd: PRICE, Penybont Isaf
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 January 21 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cochiaid,

I know this is a long time ago, so you've probably got additional information already, but I saw that there was no reply when I did a Llanwrtyd search and just in case you've not I thought I'd reply.

Margaret Price was my 4 x great grandmother
Margaret Price = Rees Jones
-> Rees Jones = Elizabeth Prothero
-> Margaret Jones = Rees Williams
-> Catherine Williams = David Rowlands
-> David Rees Rowlands = Mary Elizabeth Jones (my maternal grandparents)

I only have one extra snippet on her parents and that is the entry from the Llanwrtyd PR. The 1851 and 1861 census both have her in the New Inn at 64 and 74 years old respectively, the first with Rees, the second as a widow (Rees died in 1859). Both say she was from the parish and that would put her birth as 1777.

The PRs have a Margaret Price baptised at the correct time and with the correct mother's name: "February y 5th Margaret the Daughter of Rees Price by Elizabeth his Wife." Unfortunately at this early stage the PRs normally don't contain any residence information. But with the date and no other Margaret Price's that I can find baptised around that time in the PRs I'm fairly confident.

Not a lot, but if you don't have it then I hope it's of use!

Kind regards, Anotheran