Author Topic: 1841 Census Look Up Please - KING  (Read 807 times)

Offline lizzie booth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841 Census Look Up Please - KING
« on: Friday 29 September 06 22:26 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am looking for Elizabeth King born 1821/1823 In Colwall Nr Malvern. I have found her on the 1851, 1861 etc but she is not coming up on my search of the 1841.
Can anyone help please.
Thank you.
Lizzie.
Hayden, Withers, Palmer, Breckenbury, Richardson,

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census Look Up Please For Herefordshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 September 06 20:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Lizzie

She is hiding well in 1841 isn't she ?  ::)

Just for reference: Elizabeth is (I assume  ;D) :

1851:
Bosbury (RD Ledbury) at "Bog Farm" - unmarried servant age 30 b Colwall, Housekeeper to Widower Farmer John PALMER age 36
1861: 
Bosbury (RD Ledbury) at "The Bog" - unmarried servant age 40 b Colwall,  with a 5 yr old son Alfred John KING and Housekeeper to widower Farmer  John PALMER age 46
1871:
Colwall (RD Ledbury)  at "Gladacre" married HOH age 50 b Colwall, alone, no occ; no husband present, No son present. Appears to be living with in same dwelling house,  or next door to:
Head: Charles KING 55 Coal Agent b Colwall
Wife: Jane KING 54, b Much Marcle, Hereford
Son: Shedrick KING 19, unm, Ag Lab, b Colwall
Son: Arthur KING 13, Scholar, b Colwall (this is not her son. This arthur is on 1861 too with his parents).
1881:
Colwall (RD Ledbury) at "Nr 2 Chebedem". unm HOH age 59 b Colwall, Charwoman. No other family with or apparent next door.
1891:
Colwall (RD Ledbury) at "Back Lane" unm, HOH age 68 b Colwall, (but actually same place as 1881 & still next door to George & Mary Ann COOK).

Do you know is she is related to Charles KING, as in 1871? I can see him in 1851, 1861 too - in those Census his wife Jane  was listed as born Staffs as was his 1st child abt 1839, and 3rd child abt 1846. Because I can't find him, his wife or son Charles in 1841 either  - in Herefordshire or Staffs.    If they are related - I wonder, if wherever they are, if Elizabeth is with them.....???

She is not with John PALMER in 1841; he is still unmarried then and living with his (likely) mother.

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline lizzie booth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census Look Up Please - KING
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 October 06 21:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, Thank you so much for your reply it was a great help.

Kind regards.

Lizzie.
Hayden, Withers, Palmer, Breckenbury, Richardson,