Author Topic: David Price(S) BMD? born Glasbury Parish record look-ups if possible please.  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Price(S) BMD? born Glasbury Parish record look-ups if possible please.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 01 October 06 22:30 BST (UK) »

I have found a David and Margaret with children including twins in Cwmdu in Breconshire farming - is this them ?

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: David Price(S) BMD? born Glasbury Parish record look-ups if possible please.
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 01 October 06 22:35 BST (UK) »
I have found a David and Margaret with children including twins in Cwmdu in Breconshire farming - is this them ?

There seem to be a number of David Prices born in Glasbury - funny they do not show up in the church records for baptism

Offline jenny.tidman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 01 October 06 22:43 BST (UK) »
Yes, that is them too. It really has been a problem as you can see. I too have found quite a few David Prices from Glasbury but no idea which 2 are the ones I need.
Many thanks for all your help and perseverence with this search.
Best wishes
Jenny

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 01 October 06 22:45 BST (UK) »

I think trying to get David number 2's birh certificate from Hay Register Office is the best idea at present.

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 01 October 06 22:48 BST (UK) »

Were both his wives called Margaret ?

He seems to have married young looking at the ages of the children on the 1881 census.

Offline jenny.tidman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 01 October 06 23:01 BST (UK) »
I only know about his second wife who was Margaret Wanklin. He was a widower when he married her. 10/3/1875 date of marriage. Believe that a half brother was named Walter. Oldest child from second marriage was Albert - only able to trace him on 1891 census - believed to have gone to S Africa with half brother Walter.
Other children from 2nd marriage-
Matilda
Edith
Gertrude
Margaret Alice (Known as Alice)
Frederick David
Lily (my grandmother)
Reginald Spencer (often called Spencer)
Thanks again
Jenny

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 03 October 06 22:10 BST (UK) »
Have you found him on the 1871 census ?

Offline jenny.tidman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 04 October 06 22:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks for contacting me again. I have found info on the 1841 census and 1871 census but am not sure if they are the correct Davids as I do not know the area that well to recognise small villages/hamlets that may be close to Glasbury. Could you email me direct at Moderator Comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses. Please use the secure personal message system to share email addresses and other personal material. Thank You and I will paste all the records I have found to you.
In fact looking at the details I think the only real possibility is on the 1871 census which lists a David Price resident in Radnor Hereford lodging with a widow, Gwenny Davies a farmer of 30 acres - however he is listed as unmarried aged 43 and a Farm servant born Cwmdidur Radnorshire.
I know that from later censuses and the little family knowledge that by 1901 he was a farmer employing men so I do wonder if this is the same David. It is very strange that I can only find details of the family on later censuses ie 1891 and 1901.
The mystery continues.
Thanks again
Jenny

Offline kmo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 04 October 06 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Cwmdidur is Cwmdauddwr, which is the opposite side of  Radnorshire to Glasbury