Author Topic: Searching for Hilden  (Read 16179 times)

Offline jax

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Hilden
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 28 October 06 17:38 BST (UK) »

What about the John TWYMAN/Patience YEALDING marriage December quarter 1913 Canterbury ref. 2a 2007 ???

Well I had almost immediatly written off the above marriage possiability as the name was so far from my Thriza Hilden - but have now received both her marriage certificates and there is just too much similarity for it not to be the one I am looking for.. I am thrilled..

thank you all so much for being patient with me and making me look again... It seems that Thriza was indeed Patience and yes Hilden had been mistaken for Yealdon.  phew.. what a relief to find her.. 

Have also been to the cemetery and there was a stone.. it didnt say much just her name and the date she died - but I think you all know that feeling that comes over you when you find their resting places...  :) 

Her father's name is Amos on both marrige certificates, although again Yealdon on one and Hilden on the other one...

I will look into the death of Amos Hilden that you found casalguidi.. I feel sure its him.

Funny though - I now have a different father name for her husband John Twyman.. I thought John's dad's name was also John, but on the cert. it says Henry - oh here we go again... lol

Oh and to sum it up.... my ex husband (and father of my children) uncle is related to Henry Olsen!!!   :o  talk about keeping it in the family

jax
Jones, Venner, Kenealy, Morphett, Tree, Maxted, Page, all from or around Lydd, Ivychurch, Romney Marsh.<br />Also<br />Twyman, Daisy Kent/Thanet Area.<br />Also<br />Fidler, Berkshire.  Butcher, Faversham.<br />Also<br />Everson Suffolk/Norfolk<br />Knights, Vann (Wenn) Norfolk
Hilden - Kent and surrounding areas (romany gypsy connections)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 29 October 06 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jax

Am pleased that there was a stone standing for Thrisa - makes the effort just that little bit more special :)

Yes, you could investigate that Amos HILDEN d1958 a little to see if it provides any clues :-\

Try contacting Maidstone Borough Council to see if he is buried in the main cemetery there http://www.digitalmaidstone.co.uk/digitalmaidstone/default.aspx?page=27

I assume it doesn't mention Amos as being deceased when Thrisa married Mr OLSEN in 1952 ???  What is her age on the marriage certificate and burial record?

Perhaps you could investigate the local newspapers to see if there was an obituary for her that may hold another clue or two ???

Something will come to light some day - it just may take a while.  It took me years and years to piece some of our travelling family together from parish register entries etc. but a picture did eventually evolve :)

my ex husband (and father of my children) uncle is related to Henry Olsen
  Well I never :o ;D

With regards to John TWYMAN, perhaps his first marriage will have something more on his father/address/witnesses which might help :-\

Best wishes

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jax

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 29 October 06 14:57 GMT (UK) »
hiya

yep Amos is deceased on Thriza and Henry Olsen's marrige certificate in 1952 so I guess that rules out the death reg you found in 1958 (shame)  :-\ , but at least I know not to look further that 1952 I guess.  He was alive at her first wedding in1913.

She is 58 on marriage to Henry in 1952, but I have to wait to get her death cert to be sure of age at death because it had no mention on the stone... However it says she was 65 at death on ancestry.. in 1861, so there is a year or twos difference - but we all know that a year or two going a miss with our ancestors wasnt unusual..  ::)

I'll keep you posted, just gotta find Amos now..  ;D

jax
Jones, Venner, Kenealy, Morphett, Tree, Maxted, Page, all from or around Lydd, Ivychurch, Romney Marsh.<br />Also<br />Twyman, Daisy Kent/Thanet Area.<br />Also<br />Fidler, Berkshire.  Butcher, Faversham.<br />Also<br />Everson Suffolk/Norfolk<br />Knights, Vann (Wenn) Norfolk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 31 October 06 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jax

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I've found a marriage reference for a "Thursa" HILDEN to a Frank COOK in the Eastry registration district March quarter 1923 ref. 2a 1756

Of course it may just be coincidence :-\

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jax

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 01 November 06 08:04 GMT (UK) »
thankyou casalguidi

thats pretty interesting... 

My first instinct was that there has to be a connection, but then realized that my thriza hilden married my g grandad in 1913 and they stayed together until his death in 1940s, but this Thursa might be a relative

I think I will still check it out - especially as the name is so similar

thanks again  ;D

jax

Offline jax

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Update on Searching for Hilden
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 03 December 06 14:23 GMT (UK) »
A big thank you to everybody who helped me with this puzzle and my own personal brick wall for past few years... 

Death Certificate for thrisa sates:

Patience Thrisa Olsen 'otherwise' Thrisa Olsen - Written prof she is the same person  ;D

I had dismissed this suggestion  :o

"What about the John TWYMAN/Patience YEALDING marriage December quarter 1913 Canterbury ref. 2a 2007"

How stupid of me as - it seems to have been the right one all along - a BIG THANKS to Berlin Bob and Casalgardi for keeping me on track and now I have the puzzle almost solved completley - just gotta find her birth reg and hubby John Twyman's birth reg and all my xmases would have come at once

At last puzzle solved - and to add a real cherry on the cake a member of the family came accross this picture of Thrisa WAHooooooo..  She is the lady  standing in the middle..

jax