Author Topic: Charles Cornelius Plunket/t  (Read 6933 times)

Offline artfox

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Cornelius Plunket/t
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 09 May 20 05:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter

Yes I did more work and the stories are now on my Fox Ancestry tree attached to Charles Cornelius Plunkett

I found the article where he is called a Count:

Advocate 7 Jun 1902 says of Charles Jnr:

"His father was Count Charles Plunket, an officer of the Royal Regiment of Malta, who served with distinction in the British and foreign service. His mother, who afterwards became Mrs. W. Furlong, was an accomplished musician, and from her he inherited his love for music, particularly that of a sacred character."

Then on the 1838 death certificate of Charles Cornelius Plunket his occupation was listed as follows. [see ROOTSCHAT]

"... regarding this death certificate I have finally obtained a copy and tho it's difficult to read I am sure it is the right man. Of course it doesn't help much because there is no info regarding parents or place of birth but it does describe his occupation as Count of the Holy Roman Empire!"

Another BDM notice for John Plunket, saying he was the son of Count James Francis Plunket of New Zealand, as follows:

Daily Herald Adelaide 29 Dec 1914

"Silver Weddings—Plunket—Rouvray.—At South Melbourne, 28th December, 1889, John Bernard Marie, second son of Count James Francis Plunket, of Merivale, Christchurch, New Zealand, to Eliza Frances, eldest daughter of James A. Rouvray, of Burnley, Melbourne."

So yes that is a bit further on the Plunket/t line

David