Author Topic: IGI Batch Numbers  (Read 109746 times)

Offline 1000xlch

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: IGI Batch Numbers
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 October 05 21:49 BST (UK) »
This is well worth finding and checking out as for years I did it the hard way!  The batch numbers are great and thanks to Hugh.  The more resources for family history the better as it helps us to connect quicker, as we are time limited!

John Rowley
DUNN - Cambuslang, LKS
FORSYTH - Shotts, LKS
FRAME - Hamilton, LKS
HODGSON - Hamsterley, DUR
HUMPHREY - Easingwold, NRY
HUNT - Frimley, Surrey
MCKECHNIE - Argyll - Shotts
NETHERCLIFF(T)/ DRAYCOTT Sandhurst, BKS
PEPPERCORN - Lolworth, Cambs
PRATT - Thirsk, NYK
REDSHAW - Hamsterley, DUR
REYNOLDS - Fritton,Stratton,NFK
ROWLEY - STS to DUR
TALLACK - St Agnes Padstow,CON
WALMSLEY - NRY,Brum
WILSON - Hamsterley, Co Durham
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Stovepipe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Daddy Stovepipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 December 05 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Another good and very useful site.

But note that some batches are missing.  For example, Batch C023119 (Extracted Christening records, Patching, SSX) has been invaluable in my research.  But the Hugh Wallis site fails to list it.  The only batch it gives for Patching is one for marriages.

Stovepipe
Census information is Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline seven

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • KERRISK's of Castleisland, Aghadoe Cem. Co.Kerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 October 06 02:37 BST (UK) »
Hi All
heard about this site in the chat room the other night.
Have since moved my Holyoake of Redditch search along by light years.
If it keeps on producing for me the way it has been, I'll be in the next galaxy with the Holyoakes by the weekend.
 ;D
seven of nine ( for any of you trekkies out there)
Thimotheus KERRISK of Ireland. Prison officer- tailor on Bermuda. Family moved to Orange County, New York.1895
William Timothy KERRISK Born Bermuda 1861, Moved to Australia 1889, lived in Farina S.A. then Wilcannia NSW, died Waterfall1909 NSW.
VEAL/E Cambrigeshire to Gawler South Australia 1853.
Thomas Smith Holyoake, Lyttelton Holyoake, Goodrycke Holyoake. REDDITCH Birmingham. Needle manufacturing. To Australia c.1865.

Offline tawny75

• RootsChat Member
  • No one told me genealogy was so addictive
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 October 06 11:02 BST (UK) »
Only problem is that the parish I want isn't listed......*sob*
Batson - Whitchurch, Hardwick- Buckinghamshire
Dickens - Whitchurch, Buckinghamshire<br />Hogston - Dunton, Whitchurch- Buckinghamshire<br />Blowfield, Whitchurch - Buckinghamshire<br />Smith - Buckingham <br />Dwight - Chesham, Whitchurch - Buckinghamshire<br />Marks - Great Horwood

Offline painterlady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 November 06 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Oh Boy! This has great promise, thanks to whoever Hugh Wallis is, if he reads Rootsweb, for what must have been hours of work.

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 05 November 06 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Yes the Hugh wallis pages are invaluable.  He should have 6 starts immediately if he joined RootsChat!

It is worth reading his preamble about teh coverage of his "links".  There are more records on the IGI on Family Search which are not included here - in particular those which have been submitted by Mormon Church members; the reliability of these church submitted records are sadly mixed.

JULIAN
ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 09 November 06 14:52 GMT (UK) »
That was very helpful.  I was able to fill in a lot of siblings without tons of hunting and pecking.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 02 March 07 18:51 GMT (UK) »
If your results are too numerous to go through...save time by taking the batch number back to the Family search site and putting it into the IGI batch numbers box with the name of the parents in the initial listing, and it will give you the other results from the parish without having to peruse all within your decades of search. ( leave out mother's surname if no results, as we all know how important that was to the entry  ::)  :P ) Those of you with the surname Smith to search will appreciate the time saving, I am sure...
Trouble is, sometimes only the mother or father are listed, so you may have to try only father and then only mother, & the results may not be yours...also, as we all know, sometimes each child was born in a differnt parish..but then, that's OUR problem... ;D

It is a great site although not complete...but the above information should rectify that. Thanks Hugh Wallis, for sharing!   J.J.

p.s. this also works for your results for all submissions on the site, in case you didn't know...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 06 March 07 18:41 GMT (UK) »
oops, seems this isn't always so, as I just did some searches for Ireland where the extracted files came from batch numbers that coincided with the year not the area where born so the system has its inconsistancies...

alas, haven't one extracted listing with full forename & surname as yet  :'( 
J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com