Author Topic: Sainsbury 1861 census Middlesex  (Read 752 times)

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Sainsbury 1861 census Middlesex
« on: Monday 09 October 06 14:28 BST (UK) »
Hi,  I am searching for my ancestor Richard Mees Saisbury born 1788, Wilton by Salisbury, Wiltshire, his wifes name was Mary Ann born about 1792 Sussex.

They had  at least 4 children,  Jane,  Terresa Mary, Emily Augusta and Edward,  Edward was born in Middlesex 1842.

Richard was a Clock/Watch Maker/Finisher

In the 1851 census I have found them living at Meridith Street, Middlesex, Would it be possible if someone can have a look at the 1861 census to see if they are still there.

Also if it is not too much to ask, I have looked at the freebmd site to see if I can find a death date for him  and even though there are a few I don't see one that could be his as the ages don't correspond. Would it be possible if someone with a better knowledge could have a quick look for me please.  Thank you very much, I appreciate any help given.  Thank you.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sainsbury 1861 census Middlesex
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 October 06 19:27 BST (UK) »
I can't find him or Mary in 1861.

http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx - you could check for deaths here on the images as freeBMD does not have full coverage.  His middle name should be included, although ages are not included on the earlier death indexes.

I think I can see Richard in 1853 (one of the years not fully indexed on freeBMD):
Clerkenwell District, Vol 1b page 336, Apr/May/June quarter 1853 deaths:
Sainsbury, Richard Meuse
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 October 06 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, Have found:-
Teressa Mary Sainsbury born 15/6/1831 christened 31/7/1831 St.Leonards Shoreditich parents Richard & Mary Anne

Emily Augusta Sainsbury born 18/7/1834 christened 7/9/1834 St.John the Baptist Shoredich parents Richard Meese Sainsbury & Mary Anne.

Could not find Jane.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 October 06 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Jennifer and Jorose,

Thank you you both for looking for me,  Yes these are my two ancestors, Terresa Maria being my Gr. Gr. Gr. Grandmother and thank you for giving me all the dates, I appreciate it very much.

I've had a look Jorose and I think you are right it is him, I've seen it spelt that way before,  Thank you,  I can now send of for his death certificate.

Is Jorose  a Spanish name ?

Thank you both very much for all of you help you have given me.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 October 06 18:39 BST (UK) »
:) No problem.  And no, not Spanish, just a nickname, from when I was little and couldn't pronounce my real name.  Although at this rate, I think Spanish is one of the few I can't lay claim to...
(English/Irish/Scottish/French/Belgian/Czech/Dutch...)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk