Author Topic: DONEGAN Family in Fermanagh?  (Read 12095 times)

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DONEGAN Family in Fermanagh?
« Reply #18 on: Friday 24 October 08 21:43 BST (UK) »
Leslie,
         You suggest that Stafford was born in 1894 and I suggest that he married in 1909. There seems to be a discrepency. Also the time between the marriage and the first child is a cause for some doubt. It may all have been plausable but I have my doubts.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 25 October 08 01:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Leslie,

When Griffith's Valuation took place in Fermanagh in 1862 Donegan families were listed in the parishes of Aghalurcher, Clones, Galloon and Kinawley. Stafford families were listed in the parishes of Enniskillen, Killesher and Cleenish 

Christopher

Offline paul2008

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 31 October 08 00:18 GMT (UK) »
I have more information of the family from Lisburn from site;
http://www.friendsschoollisburn.org.uk/ww1/print.asp?pagehead=db

DONEGAN, Private Samuel. Born in Lisburn, he enlisted at Belfast and served in 1 RInF (12747). He saw action at Gallipoli in 1915 but was KIA on the Somme on the 1.7.16 and is buried in Serre Road, Cemetery No.2, France, plot 6, row A, grave 17. His wife lived at 74 Hill Street, Lisburn. A brother of Sgt. Thomas Donegan, below, two other brothers Corporal Albert Donegan 6 RIrF and Sergeant James Donegan, 6 and 2 RIR, also served.

DONEGAN, Sergeant Thomas. Born in Lisburn, he enlisted at Belfast and served in 1 RInF (8940). KIA in Gallipoli on the 29.6.15, he was either buried in Twelve Tree Copse Cemetery, Gallipoli, row B, grave 40, or his death is commemorated on a memorial in the same graveyard. A brother of Pvt. Samuel Donegan, above, two other brothers Corporal Albert Donegan 6 RIrF and Sergeant James Donegan, 6 and 2 RIR, also served.

Offline David Donegan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 06 June 19 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Leslie

My great grandfather's (John Donegan) family moved from Fermanagh to Dublin late 19th century. He was a clockmaker. If you see a Donegan clock there are quite rare. His son was also named John Donegan born around 1909. In turn his daughter was my mother June Donegan born 1936 who moved to England.I took my mother's maiden name. Kind regards David