Author Topic: Hamlin Family  (Read 5931 times)

Offline cesjak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hamlin Family
« on: Saturday 14 October 06 15:09 BST (UK) »
I would be grateful for any information on the Hamlin family of St Peter Port, Guernsey. I have the following details from census returns:

1861 Census
5 Le Merchant St, St Peter Port, Guernsey
James Hamlin  Head  M  36  Labourer  England
Mary Hamlin  Wife  M  34  Labourers Wife  England
Charles Hamlin  Son  U  12  Scholar  Guernsey, St Peter Port
Mary Ann Hamlin  Dau  7  Guernsey, St Peter Port
Susanna Hamlin  Dau  5  Guernsey, St Peter Port
William Hamlin  Son  4  Guernsey, St Peter Port
Jane Hamlin  Dau  14  U  England

1871 Census
6 New Port Place, St Peter Port, Guernsey
RG10/5765  Folio 19  Page 12
James Hamlin  Head   M  46  Porter  England
Mary Hamlin  Wife  M  44  England
Susan Hamlin  Dau  U  15  Scholar  Guernsey, St Peter Port
William Hamlin  Son  U  13  Scholar  Guernsey, St Peter Port
Eliza Hamlin  Dau  7  Guernsey, St Peter Port

James and Mary where both from Somerset. I am paticulrly interested in Parish register entries for the children. I have a link thru Eliza Hamlin.

Any help would be gratefull recieved.

Offline wishgiver

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hamlin Family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi my name is Stephen Hamlin and I live in Selston Nottingham I believe that the William Hamlin you refer to could be my Grandfather he lived in St Peter Port Guernsey as did my Father his son Frank William.
My Father Frank left Guernsey after the war I believe and went to live in Malvern Worcestershire area  moving to the nottingham area on meeting my mother in the 1940 / 50s i was born in 1955 in Hucknall Nottingham.
I will have to ask my mother for any more details but if you think I can help let me know   :) 

Offline annaS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 14:02 BST (UK) »
I have a good deal on the  Hamlin's on a family tree.  In fact my mother was a Hamlin.  The Hamlin's to whom you are referring moved to the Channel Islands between 1841 and 1851 from Norton sub Hamdon in Somerset.  They are Samuel Hamlin and his wife Ruth Banbury.  They were married in Norton sub Hamdon 14 December 1817.  If you would care to get in touch I can give you quite a bit, but I don't have a great deal from Guernsey mainly what I have found on the census's.

And; Wishgiver I believe you have to put 3 posts on Rootschat before you can send/receive a personal message, which you will need if you wish me to send the stuff on this particular branch of the Hamlins.  I have about 5 A4 pages on this particular family.

Anna

Offline HOLLYTREE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 October 12 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hi, I would be very interested in any info on the Hamlin's of Guernsey, my husband's family are from Norton sub Hamdon and his 4th gt uncle Samuel and wife Ruth moved to St Peter Port, I can go as far as their son David and wife Nancy Sophia and their children, Aldolphus, Alice and William.  Particularly interested in what happened to Alice born 1869, Winnie born 1906 and Ethel born 1900.   This is of great interest as we moved to Guernsey 16 years ago but were not aware of this distant family link, thank you for any help you may be able to offer.

Offline annaS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 October 12 16:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks for getting in touch.  If you would send me your email address I will send you what I have.  My grandfather was Henry Hamlin b. 1871 son of Frederick born 1833.

I have sent you a personal message

Anna

Offline Diesel1066

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 07 February 20 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi all I’m descended from Eliza Ann Hamlin I’ll attach a photo if I can