Author Topic: Emily Rosina Jackway nee Cove/Bartlett  (Read 3498 times)

Offline deafkat

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • G'Day From Australia
    • View Profile
Emily Rosina Jackway nee Cove/Bartlett
« on: Wednesday 18 October 06 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hello there ...

I would like some help with my ancestor who went to NZ some time after not sure the year is  ...?  her husband died in Victoria in 1905

but she went to NZ why  I am not sure why? but my father was told that she died in a earth quake when NZ had a big one ...
so I would like some one to look up for Emily Rosina Jackway nee Cove or Bartlett  that if she use it.. She could have remarried or left NZ to go back to UK I look up in UK deaths no luck? can anyone look in the death registered and marriage in NZ pls....

My father grandma had a letter saying she died but Dad wonder if she faked it or not...  can anyone help me pls...

cheers from Kathleen Stanbury nee Bartlett... of Australia... ;D ??? ???
Bartlett, Hescroff, Stanbury, Eiffe, Healey, O'Dea, Fewings, McKinty/McKenty, Spencer, Fogarty, Foxton, for a cousin (Faggotter), Hardy, Seymour, Johnson, Johnston, Cove, Dodd, Dobson, Balson, Flynn.

Offline DelBoy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kiwi Born n' Bred
    • View Profile
Re: Emily Rosina Jackway nee Cove/Bartlett
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 October 06 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Checked marriage to 1956, There  are 2  Emily Bartlett's who married  after 1905, but with no middle names, so I cant be sure 1912 & 1919, do you want these in case ? Only one return for the surname Jackway, Charles Edward 1851.

The Napier earthquake in 1931, was  one of NZ worse earthquakes, do you think that it may be this one she died in?

Cheers
Del
Saunders/Sanders,Owen,Owens,Darrach,Wilson, Cardon,Gurney,Edwards, Holmes,Smith, Ohlson,Homewood,Shaw,Semple,Merrill,Smithyman,McCallum,Winslade,Morton,Hill,Donahoe,Inglis, Moore, Morgan, Lawrence/Laurence, Owen, Owens, Skelton,Steele, Caldwell, Wood, Parish,Read,Donaldson, Hill,Farren,Carnley, Bradford, Dugard, Lindsell, Restall, Plus many many more surnames, varied countries

Offline deafkat

• RootsChat Extra
  • G'Day From Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 October 06 23:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Del......Yes please I would like both or any other information you may find of Emily Rosina Jackway nee Cove/ Bartlett....and where if theres any info she was buried... or married...... well Dad remembers Grandma Bartlett  saying a bout a letter saying she died in quake.. Grandma Bartlett died in 1932 ....so if there something there in the list for death in the quake possible be in there..in her married name or maiden name or etc.....  Dad doesnt remember when he heard it...but  he  now is 88 years  I dont know how old he was when he heard her saying it.. I will ask him again today when he wakes up and let you know  again  ...thanks  ;D cheers  Kathleen. ;D
Bartlett, Hescroff, Stanbury, Eiffe, Healey, O'Dea, Fewings, McKinty/McKenty, Spencer, Fogarty, Foxton, for a cousin (Faggotter), Hardy, Seymour, Johnson, Johnston, Cove, Dodd, Dobson, Balson, Flynn.

Offline DelBoy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kiwi Born n' Bred
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 October 06 00:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,

If you type Napier or Hastings Earthquake  Nz into say google search engine, you will see that there was over a two hundred deaths.

I would suggest contacting the Hastings/Napier Library to see what information or suggestions they can give for locating names of the dead. Still if it was this earthquake then at least you have an area to look in.

Year                     1912
Folio                      3643
Surname                      BARTLETT
Given Names      Emily
Sex                      F
Spouse                      BALL, Thomas

Year                     1919
Folio                     6112
Surname                     BARTLETT
Given Names     Emily
Sex                     F
Spouse                     NICHOLAS, Bertie

Nothing at all on index for COVE, and only the entry I mentioned prior for JACKWAY.

Have you checked NZ Archives, for a probate ? http://archway.archives.govt.nz/CallSimpleSearch.do

You may have to surf about a bit to locate what you want, try this link also

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nzlhawke/deaths/1931earthquake.html

Sorry I cant be of more assistance, its a bit of a brickwall eh.

Cheers
Del
Saunders/Sanders,Owen,Owens,Darrach,Wilson, Cardon,Gurney,Edwards, Holmes,Smith, Ohlson,Homewood,Shaw,Semple,Merrill,Smithyman,McCallum,Winslade,Morton,Hill,Donahoe,Inglis, Moore, Morgan, Lawrence/Laurence, Owen, Owens, Skelton,Steele, Caldwell, Wood, Parish,Read,Donaldson, Hill,Farren,Carnley, Bradford, Dugard, Lindsell, Restall, Plus many many more surnames, varied countries

Offline alamar

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 October 06 10:55 BST (UK) »
There is a list of those who died up in the Hawkes Bay earthquake of 1931 at the following URL. Best of luck. http://www.rootsweb.com/~nzlhawke/deaths/1931earthquake.html#A
Living in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Offline deafkat

• RootsChat Extra
  • G'Day From Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 October 06 15:49 BST (UK) »
thanks alamar

for that and I email to them to see if they can help me and cheers from Kathleen...

Offline carolrae

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 11:19 GMT (UK) »
I am the great granddaughter of Emily Rosina Jackway. I have finally found a marriage certificate for Emily Rosina Jackway to Gaius Clarke in June 1916 at the Registry office in Brisbane. she was 40 and he was supposedly 48
I now want to try to find when she died and where so if anyone has any information please pass on!
Carol

Offline carolrae

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 05 April 12 05:23 BST (UK) »
I have now found that Emily Rosina Cove/Jackway/Clarke died in Newington State Hospital, NSW,  in 1955.