Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 3227 times)

Offline maddy706

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Please Help
« on: Friday 20 October 06 02:54 BST (UK) »
Desperatly seeking (NEEDING ) help here
I have been looking for info on Stewart Hughan for over 2 years now.
I know he was born around 1823-1828 Dumfries possibly Kircudbright.
I only know this as i got his marraige too Elizebeth Campbell in 1846 but it doesn't state who his parents are .
He had 8 children all born in and around Kircudbright. I also know he died between 1871 - 1885 but cannot find a death for him.
I feel i am at a dead end here and if i could only find out who his parents were i could move on further.
Hopefully someone can help
KEANEY  ,  FEENEY  ,  MORAN  ,  HUGHAN ,  MCNAMARA , O'MALLEY  ,  LAIDLAW  , DRYDON  , AIKMAN  , WILDE  ,  THOMSON  ,  WILDE , CAMPBELL ,HESTER

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 October 06 09:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Maddy

Have you got him on any of the censuses?

I'm sure I've checked before but I can't seem to find either him or Elizabeth on the 1871.

Also which parishes did the family live in in Kirkcudbrightshire?

Gadget

PS I see that the family were in Creetown in the 1851 and it shows that he was born in the parish of Kirkmabreck, circa 1825 (which includes Creetown. GROS Ref 873- 6- 37)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 October 06 09:26 BST (UK) »
In the 1861, Elizabeth is on her own with the children, 32, born Ireland,  married rather than divorced, still in Creetown. The youngest child is under 1 month old.

GROS Ref: 873- 5 - 19

I have yet to find Stewart on the 1861.

On the 1841 he is 15-19, a male servant in the house of John McGavie,a farmer. St John Street, Creetown. GROS Ref - 873- 7-9. Born in the county.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline maddy706

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 October 06 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget
I have Stewart Hughan on the 1861  census in  Parish Shotts village of Motherwell Lodger
So i take it he was working away from home at the time
KEANEY  ,  FEENEY  ,  MORAN  ,  HUGHAN ,  MCNAMARA , O'MALLEY  ,  LAIDLAW  , DRYDON  , AIKMAN  , WILDE  ,  THOMSON  ,  WILDE , CAMPBELL ,HESTER

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 October 06 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Maddy

I think i might have found his death:

2nd February 1873,
Stewart Heughan, joiner, married to Eliza Campbell, aged 46. Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, residence, Hen Hall Cottages, Stateford

Parents: Alexander Heughan, labourer, dec. and Janet ? (could be Ragan), dec.  :-\

GROS Ref: 685-3-116

Gadget

Offline maddy706

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 October 06 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget
Thankyou so much yes it is him
Thankyou

Offline mossy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 October 06 17:43 BST (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Offline maddy706

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 20 October 06 18:58 BST (UK) »
thankyou mossy and all who have helped me