Author Topic: John WILLIAMS  (Read 4316 times)

Offline glen o

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John WILLIAMS
« on: Friday 20 October 06 08:12 BST (UK) »
john williams my taid no dob late 1800s  from amlwch or pentraceth  4 children albert florance beatrica elizabeth all i know is wife died when my nain elizabeth was 6 years she was born 1910 reg holyhead any info would help cheers glenys
owen and  williams   anglesey          brooks lancs  sporston cheshire

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re: john williams
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 October 06 08:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Glenys,

if you order your Nains birth certificate, that will give her father's (John) occupation. That may well help to identify him in the 1901 census.

The certificate will also give your nain's mothers name.

Once you know the mothers name, you can then order your nains parents marriage certifcate. This will give your nains mother's maiden name, her age and address. It will also give Johns age and address, and also the names of both brides and grooms fathers. Using this information, you should be able to identify them in the earlier census'.

I would order the certificates first, and once you have this info, post an update to this message, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you find them in the census.

Good luck

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline glen o

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: john williams
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 October 06 08:29 BST (UK) »
thanks iwill do that because i have info on my nain cheers glenys

Offline glen o

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John WILLIAMS
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 November 06 23:30 GMT (UK) »
i found out johns  wife passed away when my nain elizabeth was 6 years old which left him to bring up four children all i know is they a place called valley bach anglesey i have no dates but my nain was ther in 1910 april 10th any info cheers glenys

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 November 06 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Glenys,

if you know your Nain was there in 1910, then the chances are she will be there in 1901, together with husband and children.

I'm afraid I don't have access to the 1901 census, but perhaps someone else does and can look up the family for you.

Armed this information you will be able to find them in earlier census, and then order the certificates.

Regards,

D
Stuck with:
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline glen o

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 02 November 06 16:24 GMT (UK) »
hi d sorry my nain was born 1910 i want  to her mothers name has she died when my nain was 6 cheers glenys

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 November 06 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Glenys,

I realise you are trying to find out your Nains mothers name.

What you need though is your Nains birth certificate. You can apply to Llangefni RO  for it, as you already know your Nains name, her date of birth where she was born, and her fathers name. With her birth certificate, you will have your nains mothers name and maiden name.

I don't think there is any other was around it, you'll have to write to Llangefni and include a cheque for 7 pounds.

I would however phone them first to make sure they know which one it is you want.

Regards,

D
Stuck with:
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio