Author Topic: Cudmore Family of Paignton  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Jason Hotchkiss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Cudmore Family of Paignton
« on: Wednesday 10 November 04 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Samuel Cudmore married Ann Webber in 1838 and they lived in Paignton. I think Sam might have been born in Okehampton in 1816 (based on the best IGI match, with the knowledge from his marriage certificate that his father was named John).

I have a match for Sam in the 1841 census where his age is 25, which fits. I wonder if anyone could check the 1851 census for me - a match could prove his age and place of birth. Is anyone else researching this family?

Cheers,
Jason

Offline Welsh Chris

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cudmore Family of Paignton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 December 04 18:51 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if there's a link... I've just come across Cudmores in my tree. My gt gt grandfather John Forse born 1830 married Sarah Mogridge b1827.Her parents were Abraham Mogridge born 1795 and Sarah Cudmore b 1797 Broadclyst. Her parents were James Cudmore b1760 and Mary Ward b c1760. sarah's siblings were James b1791, John b1796 and Mary b1800. any connection?
THOMAS - Swansea/Llanelli. FORSE - Devon/Canada/USA. Toolan(various spellings) - Scotland/Lancashire. CUDMORE - Devon. MOGRIDGE - Devon. WALDRON - Devon. WARNER - England/Wales. WILLIAMS - Swansea.