Author Topic: Alfred LEDBURY of Shrewton  (Read 13213 times)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Ledbury of Shrewton
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 26 October 06 18:53 BST (UK) »
Cheryle, couldn't have done it without your brilliant input.... WELL DONE YOU ;D
Just imagine all thos siblings to find on the IGI
Wish it were my family :-\
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 26 October 06 19:01 BST (UK) »
Even looking back at Alfred's generation (1808) there seemed to be so many male Lidburys. It would  be interesting to see just how many male children his mum and dad had and how many branches that little lot sprouted ;D 

cheryle
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 26 October 06 19:04 BST (UK) »
1881 Warminster Wiltshire
George Brown head  45 Lab.
Emma wife 55
John son 18
Walter son 10
Alfred Lidbury boarder mar formerly tailor 72 b warminster
Sarah Lidbury boarder 68

Alfred must have remarried after Cecilia daeth in 1867 not sure if this is the right one
Marr Dec q 1869   Alfred Lidbury/Sarah Garrett Warminster 5a 302
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lidfam

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 01 October 08 21:59 BST (UK) »
Hi all
Just found this thread, two years after it was started. Fascinating stuff as I have a lot of info on the Warminster Lidburys. Can I just utter a word of extreme caution about the family of Edward Castleman Lidbury. There were two Edward Castlemans, a father and a son, who both married at around the same time, and both having children at the same time. Don't think that this is the same man getting married twice in quick succession, as you will very quickly become stuck.

Good Luck with this huge family,
                                                 Dale lidbury

Offline trace260667

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred LEDBURY of Shrewton
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 18 July 10 00:50 BST (UK) »
Hello,

As I have been having some problems with tracing the Lidbury's myself I thought I would check some of the forums on here & after this was started 6 yrs ago I have found more info for myself! 

One thing I will say I have Alfred Lidbury born 1811 in Warminster, Wiltshire but I have his death as 1841.  I dont have any citation for that fact & to be honest I can't remember now how I got that date!  But would appreciate anyone who can verify that. 

I am grateful as I now have the maiden name of his wife Cecilia,  so I thankyou all for that information.

tracey

Offline Charlotte9

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 05 August 11 18:02 BST (UK) »
Hello

While I was searching for information about Edward Castleman Lidbury born 1743 Warminster, I came across this thread. I believe that we are connected to the same Lidbury’s. My grandmother before she married was a Lidbury, and her family all originate from the Warminster area. Edward Castleman Lidbury I believe is my 4 x great grandfather, and I connect to the branch of his son George Lidbury 1798. I think he was the brother of Alfred Lidbury. I will happily fill anyone interested in this side of the family in, and any other information would be gratefully received.

Thanks Charlotte 

Offline Lidfam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 05 August 11 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Charlotte
I have loads of information on the Warminster Lidbury's, although I cannot connect them to my own Frome tree yet. I believe you are correct when you say George was the brother of Alfred. However, I am pretty certain that they were the children of Edward C. jun. who was the son of the Edward Castleman baptised in 1743. Edward snr. married twice, the second time to Susanna Gibbons who must have been considerably younger than him because they were having children at the same time as Edward C. junior and his wife Mary Gaisford. It makes the tracing of this family very confusing, but I would be delighted to help if required.
Just recently I have purchased a book called "The History Of Warminster" and there is a list of Volunteers from the Warminster Loyal Association, formed duringthe French Revolution , and was a type of Home Guard, to protect the town and an area of 7 miles around. It was inaugurated on 3 July 1798. Edward Castleman Lidbury was listed as a Private, (and it was probably Edward C. jun who would have been aged  22) as one of the Sergeants was John Gaisford. Was he related to Mary Gaisford? If you have any questions on the family, I would be delighted to help.

Dale