Author Topic: Haig, Pringle & Johnston Galashiels  (Read 2693 times)

Offline windy woo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Haig, Pringle & Johnston Galashiels
« on: Tuesday 07 November 06 09:20 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone please got any info they can send me on the following people:
Isabella Haig born 8th July 1909 in Galashiels, mothers name Maggie??
Maggie remarried a James Pringle in 1913 and had a son called James Haig Pringle born 10th June 1914 in Galashiels. Also Harold Johnston from Galashiels born 1910 ish died in Edinburgh Hospital in 1938. Please can anyone help.....

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Haig, Pringle & Johnston Galashiels
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 November 06 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to Rootschat  :)

Someone may have these people in their trees but your best bet is to go to the Scotlands People website. www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and register. This site has all the BMD records on line (both indexes and images) for:

Births  -1855 - 1905
Marriages - 1855 - 1930
Deaths - 1855 - 1955

It also has the baptisms and banns/marriages from the old parish records prior to 1855 but only as an online index,  wills 1513 - 1901, and the censuses 1841 - 1901.

It is pay to view but is very reasonable - 30 units costing £6. to search for a record and view the image might only cost 6 units, especially if you know names, dates and places.

In your case, it would be worth looking for the second marriage of Maggie to James Pringle. This will give you Maggie's maiden name and her parents' names. You might also want to look for her first marriage to Isabella's father, which would give his parents' names.

Again, you could obtain Harold Johnston's death registration in the same way.

Unfortunately, because Isabella was born after 1905, her birth record will not be online but a record will be in Edinburgh.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with your searches

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline windy woo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Haig, Pringle & Johnston Galashiels
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 November 06 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Thank-you for the information i will have a look on this site once i recieve Isabella Birth Cert that i have ordered, hopefully that may give me her mums full name to work on.
 Thanks, Wendy.