Author Topic: *Completed* MINETY parish records MILES & TAYLOR  (Read 8150 times)

Offline leaf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
*Completed* MINETY parish records MILES & TAYLOR
« on: Tuesday 07 November 06 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dave,

I see you very kindly offered to look up any Wiltshire parish records.

I'm looking for the marriage of Charles MILES and Mary TAYLOR, they were both born about 1801 in Wiltshire with Charles born in Minety.  I believe they were married in Minety as all of their children were born there:-

Mary abt 1826
Henry abt 1827
Elizabeth abt 1830
Joseph abt 1832
Sarah Ann abt 1833
Harriett abt 1839

So I would guess their marriage would have been between 1819 and 1825.

I hope this isn't too vague, but quite understand if it's too many years to look up.

Not sure if this will help but Charles father is Henry Miles and Mary's father is John Taylor.

Thank you so much.

leaf

ALLCOCK Herefordshire, ANDERSON Morayshire, BEER Devon, BLOODWORTH Glous. BROWN Devon, BUCHANAN Stirlingshire,  COUCH Devon, DOUGERAY/DOUGEREY Scotland, EDMUNDS Wilts. EVANS Caernarvon, FRY Wilts. FRASER Nairnshire, HINDHAUGH Northumberland/Durham, JENKINS Herefordshire, McCORMACK Lanarkshire, McDONALD Lanarkshire, McPHERSON West Lothian, MILES Wilts. MOFFATT Lanarkshire, MORRISON Stirlingshire, REVEL Devon, SMITH Herefordshire, SUTHERLAND Morayshire, TAYLOR Wilts. WILLIAMS Glamorgan

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: MINETY parish records MILES & TAYLOR
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 November 06 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi leaf
I'll be delighted to help but I'm currently away from Wiltshire and not returning until early December.   In order to jog my aging brain, can you please post a reminder late Nov/early Dec.
The info you have given is just what's needed but the marriage would usually have taken place in the bride's parish.   Do you know where she lived?   With any luck they were married in Minety.
I could also look up the children's baptisms etc if you do not already have them.
Give me a nudge later.
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline leaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 November 06 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dave,

Thank you so much, of course I'll post a reminder later on, it's the very least I can do.

I don't know where Mary Taylor lived but her father John Taylor was born in Minety around 1780, so it's likely that they're all local.

That is so kind of you to offer to look for the children's baptisms too.  I do not have them, but thought it only fair to ask for one look up at a time.

If it is easier for you to do a job lot, I haven't got baptism records for some in the next generation down.  These are the children of Joseph Miles and Jo(h)anna Bloodworth that were born in Minety (the other 7 were born in Purton):-

Mary Ann abt 1861
Thomas abt 1862
John abt 1863

Just the marriage date would be fantastic though, I do appreciate you offering your time.

Thank you once again,

leaf

ALLCOCK Herefordshire, ANDERSON Morayshire, BEER Devon, BLOODWORTH Glous. BROWN Devon, BUCHANAN Stirlingshire,  COUCH Devon, DOUGERAY/DOUGEREY Scotland, EDMUNDS Wilts. EVANS Caernarvon, FRY Wilts. FRASER Nairnshire, HINDHAUGH Northumberland/Durham, JENKINS Herefordshire, McCORMACK Lanarkshire, McDONALD Lanarkshire, McPHERSON West Lothian, MILES Wilts. MOFFATT Lanarkshire, MORRISON Stirlingshire, REVEL Devon, SMITH Herefordshire, SUTHERLAND Morayshire, TAYLOR Wilts. WILLIAMS Glamorgan

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 November 06 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi leaf
It looks as if they may well have all been local to Minety.   Will be in touch later.   By the way I notice on your profile that you are interested in Fry family from Wiltshire.   Have a look at my profile, go to the link 'The Welsh Connection' and from there follow the link to 'The Frys of Castle Combe'.   The other link from 'The Welsh Connection' ('Young Gun') is about the latest Fry.   :)
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline leaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 November 06 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave,

What a great website.  I have a Mary Fry in my tree, She's Charles Miles Great grandmother.  (It's odd how it's worked out I know her name , but don't know who Charles' mother was yet!)  So she's too old to correspond with your Mary Frys, having had a child around 1733.

We could do with a replacement for David Coulthard in a few years time, I'll keep checking back on S10's progress  :)

leaf

Offline leaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 December 06 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dave,

Just posting a reminder for you, as requested, for the look up.

Thank you so much. leaf

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 04 December 06 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi leaf
Glad you enjoyed the Frys - Young Gun's a bit of fun  :)
I'll see what I can do about Minety in the next few days - if the tornados keep away.
Cheers Dave

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 07 December 06 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi leaf,
Here's their marriage in Minety
17 Jan 1825 Charles Miles, bach, of this parish and Mary Taylor, spin, of this parish, banns, witnesses were Joseph miles, Elizabeth Miles and Ann Miles.

Baptisms in Minety
4 May 1800 Charles Miles son of Henry and Anne
20 Oct 1799 Mary Taylor dau of John and Mary - this got me thinking about the witnesses.......................
24 Apr 1796 Joseph Miles son of Henry and Anne
24 May 1807 Anne Miles dau of Henry and Anne did not see Elizabeth

The baptisms of Charles and Anne's children, all of this parish and Charles's occupation was shown as labourer
2 Oct 1825 Mary,   22 Oct 1826 Henry,   10 May 1829 Elizabeth,  20 Mar 1831 Joseph, 19 May 1833 Sarah Ann
11 Oct 1835 John,   16 Sep 1838 Harriett

Post a new request for any more info needed

Hope this helps, Dave

Offline leaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 22 April 07 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,

You're a superstar  :)  :) Thank you ever so much for all of that information.  Not only did I get the marriage date I was looking for. I got a lot of new names too.  I didn't know Henry's wife was Anne or John's wife was Mary.  I agree with your train of thought about the witnesses, thank you for looking for Elizabeth Miles in the baptisms too.  I didn't know Charles and Mary had a son John too, he wasn't with them on the 1841 census, so he may have died as a child or been visiting relatives possibly.

You have been a great help and thank you for offering to look up more things for me, that's very kind.  I may take you up on it.

Thank you once again, leaf.