Author Topic: Northampton Pubs - THE BOOT INN, 1830-1870  (Read 16790 times)

Offline rthom

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Northampton Pubs - THE BOOT INN, 1830-1870
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 November 06 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sam:

Thanks for the messages and the offer of help.  I much appreciate it.  I have obtained some info on the location and ownership of The Boot that was kindly obtained by RootsChatter Sandy (see earlier in thread).  No actual pictures of the inn have surfaced yet.  Also I have found some pictures of All Saints on line; and I do have John Hemmings' burial record (I believe the cemetery is long gone).  So please don't go out of your way on my account.

Regards, rthom
Surname interests: Acfield (Ackfield, Hackfield) - SFK, LON / Adams - BDF / Askham - NHT / Baldrey - SFK / Charlwood - LON / Hall - NFK, ESS, LND / Hemmings (Hemings, Heming) - WAR, OXF, NHT, LON / Hibbert - BRK / Ivey - LON / James - OXF / Manning - NHT / Mason - NHT / Pearson - WAR, NHT / Pizzy - SFK / Polly (Polley) - OXF / Rivers - SFK / Sargeant - WAR, SRY, LON, USA / Simons (Simonds) - BDF / Taylor - NHT / Wiggins - OXF

Census information is Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline samantha zoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 November 06 10:54 GMT (UK) »
i wont be i live only 3 miles from the town center and have to go there every week to get to recoreds offices
sam
Bedford:wildman
bucks:longhurst
northant:hollowell, tansley
London:Clark or clarker
othernames:cook, voss

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rhtom

Thanks for the e-mail.

I will forward the drawing of the Boot Inn that Jon Small has said I can give to you a.s.a.p..

Hope we don't have as much difficulty getting the images down next time if so I will us the 2nd address.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline rthom

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandy:

Thanks, yet again. I really look forward to seeing the drawing of The Boot Inn.  Please pass on my thanks to Jon Small for his kindness. 

If Jon's interests in pubs extend beyond Northampton, please let him know that I do have the Alehouse Recognisance records for the inns the Hemmings family ran earlier in Towcester (The Admiral Nelson, 1826-36), Greens Norton (The Red Lion, 1816-26),  and Sulgrave (The Six Bells, 1788-1807).

I do have a question about the Alehouse Recognisance records in Northampton that I'll post in a separate message on the Northants board.

Regards, rthom
Surname interests: Acfield (Ackfield, Hackfield) - SFK, LON / Adams - BDF / Askham - NHT / Baldrey - SFK / Charlwood - LON / Hall - NFK, ESS, LND / Hemmings (Hemings, Heming) - WAR, OXF, NHT, LON / Hibbert - BRK / Ivey - LON / James - OXF / Manning - NHT / Mason - NHT / Pearson - WAR, NHT / Pizzy - SFK / Polly (Polley) - OXF / Rivers - SFK / Sargeant - WAR, SRY, LON, USA / Simons (Simonds) - BDF / Taylor - NHT / Wiggins - OXF

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 19:30 GMT (UK) »
HI rthom

I wondered if you would agree to en-suring that the picture of Jon's is for personal
use by your self only and not to be passed on to anyone else or shown on anyone's web pages.

Cheers Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline rthom

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandy:

I certainly am pleased to agree to restrict the picture to personal ONLY.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Regards, rthom :)

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Okay rthom hope you did not mind me asking on Jon's behalf.

I saw him Saturday briefly and he forgot which pub it was.  ;D

Went to deliever Christmas Card to Library staff and it was waiting for me well a 
large envelope was put in the air and Terry ( the County Local Study Librarian)  said Sandy, 
Jon Small left this for you today.

It is like having your own internal mail via the Library.  ;D

E-mail in a moment if you P.M. me which one to use.  ;D

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline rthom

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 20:32 GMT (UK) »
PM sent.  I'll confirm arrival -- fingers crossed the gremlins have something else to do.

rthom

Offline rthom

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandy:

Many, many thanks for the great picture of The Boot which just arrived safely.  I really appreciate your effort in tracking this down and I am also indebted to Jon Small for his generosity in sharing it with me.  Please pass on my thanks to him. ;D 

It means a lot to me to finally see an image of the pub that was in my family for 30 or so years.  Xmas has come early this year!

Best regards, rthom ;D