Author Topic: Anglican clergy in Cork  (Read 900 times)

Offline SK4SK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Anglican clergy in Cork
« on: Thursday 09 November 06 02:16 GMT (UK) »
Several of my ancestors were anglican clergy in Cork and surrounding parishes.  Can anyone recommend a source of information?  In particular I'm interested in a list of late 18th century/early 19th century prebendaries of Cork.
thanks
Simon

Offline amontilado

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anglican clergy in Cork
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 November 06 05:36 GMT (UK) »
What family names are you looking for? My Becher Ancestors include lots of clergy too,
I found quite a lot of information in the Casey Index,
Clerical and parochial records of Cork, Cloyne and Ross, taken from diocese and parish registries, MSS in the principal libraries and public offices of Oxford, Dublin and London, and from private or family papers.

By W Maziere, 1863

And the lists of Dublin Alumnai.

Jenny

Offline amontilado

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anglican clergy in Cork
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 November 06 12:02 GMT (UK) »
I had a quick look on google book search;
Clerical and Parochial Records of Cork, Cloyne, and Ross: taken from diocesan and parish...
By W Maziere Brady
Has 5 references to Rev Kenney.They are only snippets unfortunately,  one is 1796 about a Rev John Kenney and another is 1841 (or possibly 1840 ) saying that the Rev Thomas Kenney was buried in the family place at ballymartle.

There is also an obituary in the Gentlemans magazine of 1855 For a Rev Arthur Kenney.

in Fasti Ecclesiĉ Hibernicĉ: The Succession of the Prelates and Members of the Cathedral Bodies in...
By Henry Cotton
A J Kenney was Vicar General of Cork and died in 1841.
Achonry; Dean Kenney held the Parish of St Olave's until his death in January 271855 in the 78th year of his life. He published some valuable pieces.
[there are listings for Arthur, Edward, James, John, Patrick and Thomas]

I hope some of those are yours.