Author Topic: Gregory from Kendal  (Read 1175 times)

Offline 16

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gregory from Kendal
« on: Saturday 11 November 06 04:26 GMT (UK) »
I have a birth certificate  on Kenneth Carlton Gregory parents  Thomas Archibald Gregory from kendal,ambleside,westmorland-dated 1910-boatbuilder-Alice Gregory former Gregory-Ferry View Undermillbeck-cannot find a marriage on thomas and alice anywhere?any help please-karen from australia ???

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gregory from Kendal
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 November 06 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen and welcome to rootschat,

I can't see them on the free indexes.  Are you saying that Alice is Gregory formerly Gregory ie maiden and married name are the same?

And do you know if there were any other siblings either older or younger and where they may have been born?

You might be able to find the marriage by looking through the complete bmd index images on ancestry, available here: http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx - assuming you haven't already tried there.  You will have to search each quarter for each year but, for example, if you know that Kenneth was the first born you can work backwards from 1910.

Jean
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline 16

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gregory from Kendal
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 November 06 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jean-thanks for that- i have searched bmd to no avail-on the birthcertificate it states her maiden name and married name are the same. I found ronald seymour gregory b 1908 kendal- but can find no trace of him anywhere else- also a marjorie gregory b 1906 kendal- but i found her death a year later/ so the search goes on- i also have a marriage certificate between kenneth carlton gregory and marjorie sullivan dated 1929 lancaster-wesleyan church -the greaves -lancaster-but although it gives the fathers name - the mothers name doesnt appear-it states that thomas  was a confectioner and caterer and kenneth a  commercial van driver- regards karen