Author Topic: marriage lookup for Beaney  (Read 3762 times)

Offline Gordon Beaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
marriage lookup for Beaney
« on: Saturday 13 November 04 23:02 GMT (UK) »
hi

im looking for the marriage of Frederick Thomas Beaney born in approx 1895 in St. Olave (Southwark) London.

Many thanks
Beaney & Variants (Worldwide).<br />Battams & Variants (Worldwide).<br />Stone of Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire.<br />Smith of shetland.<br />Moffatt of London.<br />Tierney of London & Ireland.

Offline shirleyannmarie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: marriage lookup for Beaney
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 November 04 19:20 GMT (UK) »
do you have any more information? who did this person marry and approximately when?
Orr,Reay,Burns,Mcmeekin,Henderson,Horgan-Ireland
Horgan,Morgans,Richards- Wales
Dale,Clark.Tattersfield-England

Offline meg2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 November 04 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Found this for marriages IN 1895  March quarter) dunno if this any help.
Meg

Ashenden, Richard Henry 1895 March St Olave Southwark London Surrey 1d 277
Beaney, Frederick Thomas 1895 March St Olave Southwark London Surrey 1d 277
Hewett, Lilian Grace 1895 March St Olave Southwark London Surrey 1d 277
Moon, Edward Albert V 1895 March St Olave Southwark London Surrey 1d 277
Pretlove, Mary Ellen 1895 March St Olave Southwark London Surrey 1d 277
Price, Edward Conrad 1895 March St Olave Southwark London Surrey 1d 277
Price, Robert Henry 1895 March St Olave Southwark London Surrey 1d 277
Rivett, Richard Clarence 1895 March St Olave Southwark London Surrey 1d 277
Ross, Frederick Wallace 1895 March St Olave Southwark London Surrey 1d 277
Wilson, James George 1895 March St Olave Southwark London Surrey 1d 277

Bryden-Cumberland/Lancs, Farquhar-Aberdeenshire/Lancs.  Reid-Aberdeenshire. Hopkins-London, Copson-Staffs. Thompson-Westmoreland/Lancs. Parker-Lancs,
Hayes/Staffs. Sippett(s)-Sussex/Staffs, Berry-Sussex,

Offline shirleyannmarie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 November 04 20:00 GMT (UK) »
have looked in www.1837online from march 1913 untill december 1919 could find no fredrick thomas beaney married. so if you have anymore info i'll try again.
Orr,Reay,Burns,Mcmeekin,Henderson,Horgan-Ireland
Horgan,Morgans,Richards- Wales
Dale,Clark.Tattersfield-England

Offline Gordon Beaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 November 04 17:22 GMT (UK) »
hi

thanks for your replies, I am looking for the marriage of frederick thomas beaney born in the quater of march 1895 in st. olave southwark, he was the son of thomas henry beaney and was a soldier (have a photo of him in uniform) presumably in ww1, i know he got married at some point but unfortunately dont know anymore than that.

many thanks indeed

serena
Beaney & Variants (Worldwide).<br />Battams & Variants (Worldwide).<br />Stone of Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire.<br />Smith of shetland.<br />Moffatt of London.<br />Tierney of London & Ireland.

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 15 November 04 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Serena

www.documentsonline.nationalarchives.gov.uk/research.asp

HOPEFULLY this is your man?

Medal Roll, period 1914-1920
Frederick T Beaney...8th Brigade of the RFA (Royal Field Artillery) Regimental number 75294 and also 1010610 (probably due to an amalgamation of Brigades?) rank of Driver. Reference WO372/2.

This is the only Frederick T Beaney in the War records for 1900-1949, their are however 4 other Frederick's without a middle name or initial!

The Medal Roll includes Campaign Medals (if any) and will give you info as to his whereabouts during WW1.

The Medal Roll will cost you £3-50 online and gives you scant info other than Medal Roll but will give you a lead to:-

IF and it is if...his Army records survived (approx 60+% didn't due to a German bomber in the Second World War) you could have where he was living when he signed up, where he intended on living when he was demobbed, marriage details, dependants/next of kin etc

Best of luck
Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gordon Beaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 15 November 04 19:59 GMT (UK) »
hi

have just downloaded the appropriate medal roll, just wondered if you advise on whereabouts or how to find out more as the card just said his name not next of kin etc.

many thanks

serena

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 15 November 04 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Serena

The medal roll contains the names of medals obtained by Frederick T, the medals in the form of what they are will tell you where he was! if they are Service Medals (someone has to protect the Country) the chances are he never went out of the country! but they will be different if he served in France (and vary depending on when he served in France), if he served in Egypt etc
Their are various sites to tell you what the medals are and when and why they was awarded.

The Medal Roll will cost you £3-50 online and gives you scant info other than Medal Roll but will give you a lead to:-

IF and it is if...his Army records survived (approx 60+% didn't due to a German bomber in the Second World War) you could have where he was living when he signed up, where he intended on living when he was demobbed, marriage details, dependants/next of kin etc

Only one way to find out if his records survived, look for them, by going to Kew, or by employing a professional researcher (which is what I did and cost £30-£40) getting there and back would have cost me about the same.

Are you saying that after paying the £3-50 you are able to see Frederick's medal roll online, I thought they sent them to you?

Regards
Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gordon Beaney

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 15 November 04 22:09 GMT (UK) »
hi,

i went onto the national archives site, found the record that you said about and it appeared to be a match to my Frederick Beaney so i paid the £3.50 and downloaded it straight away.

I know from it that Frederick T. beaney was a driver in the 8 batallin of the R.F.A. and that his reg no. was 75294 + 1010610 and that he was awarded the 14 star medal or maybe the victory 14 star (i cant quite decide as im not used to this) and a clasp, that means he was either in france or belgium sometime at the end of 1914 i believe.

But unfortunately it does not prove the next of kin or anything that might prove he was my relation.

many thanks

serena