Author Topic: VAGUE and JANE families Cornwall  (Read 7194 times)

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Maggie Wright 1889-1949
    • View Profile
Re: VAGUE and JANE families Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 November 06 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elsie

I expect it will be at least next weekend before I can look - busy today and not enough daylight when I am at home during the week!

Nice sunny late autumn day here in Cornwall

Ellen
 :)
Court, Stratford on Avon, Dorsington, Welford<br />Faulkner,Glos/Warwicks<br />Higgins, Quinton<br />Bennett, Stoke on Trent<br />Stride, Hampshire<br />Wright, Stoke on Trent<br />McConnell, Co Donegal<br />Brooks, Co Donegal, Antrim<br />Jackson, Warwickshire/Isle of Wight/India/army<br />Keefe, Essex, Hampshire/Isle of Wight/army/india<br, Queensland aus. />Chatfield, Sussex

Offline elsie ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 19 November 06 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ellen!

That's fine. Whenever you can find the time... no pressure :) :)

Cheers.

Elsie

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 December 06 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to tell you that the weather has been so bad - wind and rain - that I haven't had a chance to linger in the churchyard yet.

There is a memorial though to Ruth, widow of Samuel Vague alongside the path.

May be the Christmas holidays now before I get time.

Best wishes
Ellen

:) :) :)
Court, Stratford on Avon, Dorsington, Welford<br />Faulkner,Glos/Warwicks<br />Higgins, Quinton<br />Bennett, Stoke on Trent<br />Stride, Hampshire<br />Wright, Stoke on Trent<br />McConnell, Co Donegal<br />Brooks, Co Donegal, Antrim<br />Jackson, Warwickshire/Isle of Wight/India/army<br />Keefe, Essex, Hampshire/Isle of Wight/army/india<br, Queensland aus. />Chatfield, Sussex

Offline elsie ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 December 06 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ellen!  :) :)

We could do with some of that rain. Our state is under siege with bushfires and drought.

No rush...as and when. I appreciate you keeping me on your radar screen.

Cheers  ;D

Elsie

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 20 January 07 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elsie

A window in the weather this afternoon allowed me to go and find the Vague graves - I think there are Janes too but didn't get those today.  The Vague inscriptions are:

"In loving memory of Ruth, dearly beloved wife of Samuel Vague of this parish who departed this life Mar 6th 1872 aged 44.  Her children arise up and call her blessed.  Proverbs 31.28"

"In loving memory of Samuel Vague of this parish who departed this life May 24th 1913 aged 86. "  (The scriptual passage at the end was illegible)

I will go and look for the Janes another time.
The Churchyard was looking lovely today with lots of early snowdrops.  It occured to me that you might like to see a pic of our church so have attached to this post.

Warm wishes
Ellen

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 04 February 07 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elsie

A lovely warm sunny February afternoon.  Been down to the churchyard and found some JANE graves - details as follows.

"In loving memory of Thomas Jane of this parish who died at Boslymon April 14th 1908 aged 80 years.
Also of Mary Jane his beloved wife who died at Boslymon July 14th 1895 aged 65 years"

"In loving memory of John Jane who died Feb 2nd 1863 aged 65 years, also of Nancy his wife who died Nov 14th 1877
Also their daughter Ann Goss Moss aged 67 years.
These all died in the faith"

"Sacred to the memory of William Jane late of Roselath in this parish who died Nov 6th 1869 aged 69 years
Also of William his son who died June 13th 1869 aged 38 years
Also of Edwin his son who died Oct 19th 1869 aged 24 year
and Also Jenifer his wife who died July 31st 1878 aged 72 years"

"In loving memory of Elizabeth the beloved wife of Thomas Jane late of Penpillick died September 24th 1925 aged 76
also of Thomas Jane, beloved husband of the above died March 5th 1926 aged 84
At rest"

I have a few photos of the headstones which  need a bit of adjusting and I will post later.

Hope this is useful

Best wishes
Ellen

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 04 February 07 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Here are the pics my 9 year old grandaughter took this afternoon.  We went together, she took the photos and I transcribed!  I have now adjusted them a bit.  If you want the larger version pm your e-mail address and I can e-mail them to you. 
Best wishes
Ellen

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 04 February 07 15:18 GMT (UK) »
and the next ......

Offline elsie ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 05 February 07 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ellen!

As I type it is 41C in the shade!  ::)

Thank you very much for your generousity of time to locate and transcribe this information on my JANE and VAGUE families. Your granddaughter's assistance is also appreciated. Please thank her for me.

It's amazing...though your efforts I feel a more tangible contact with my forebears. The information from the headstones is wonderful.

Thank you so very much for your kindness in helping me.

With a smile.  :)

Elsie