Author Topic: Edward McCormick  (Read 1264 times)

Offline maddymoss

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Edward McCormick
« on: Wednesday 15 November 06 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Edward McCormick born 1815 in Ben??en married Jane McCormick in Bernish?? in 1841.  Edward had at least one sister called Sarah.  Their parent's names were John McCormick and Mary McKinlay. 
Does anyone have any knowledge of them or the place names above which are very poorly written on the 1855 Scottish birth certificate of daughter Catherine?  I'm not sure if my attempted interpretation is even close.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Edward McCormick
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 November 06 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Could you post a small copy of the relevant section of the certificate? Also, does the Scottish birth certificate have the mother's maiden name (or was it indeed McCormick, the same as the father's)?
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline maddymoss

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 November 06 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm not too sure how to accomplish this manoeuvre.  Catherine's mother's maiden name was also McCormick.

Jim

Offline Gavin_McCormick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 September 21 17:58 BST (UK) »
Edward was born in Ballycastle but I have no idea where his parents Edward and Mary were born.  I am trying to find this information out though as it really would help my tree grow.