Author Topic: Where Are My Worrall(Warrell) Family Manchester  (Read 5573 times)

Offline Biko

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Where Are My Worrall(Warrell) Family Manchester
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 17 May 08 10:16 BST (UK) »
Wow thanks once again

It is possible that he remarried.

But what convinces me that this is my Joseph is that he lives only a few streets away from Peter and the Fact that Peter isn't living with him in the 41 census.

I know Leaf St (went swimming there as a child) and part of it still exists

Born in Frodsham, same county as the son, also interesting who the granddaughter belongs to, also born in Cheshire.

I will follow this up and let you know what if anything I find.

Big Thanks

I think that only the older Joseph (born Hulme) is the child of Joseph Worrall, I believe all the others are Elizabeth children.

I did find last night Elizabeth Worrall in the 1871 Census still living at 10 Leaf St but with several lodgers. The only offspring is Ann Walsh (Welsh) age 31 and unmarried.

I also found a Death Index for Joseph Worrall in 1868. aged 69yrs
WORRALLS. HURST, HIGHFIELD
Manchester-Hulme, Deansgate, Earlstown (Newton in Makerfield) Chorlton on Medlock, Newton Heath, Ardwick.

Offline Kimberley

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 04 June 08 05:12 BST (UK) »
Wow thanks once again

It is possible that he remarried.

But what convinces me that this is my Joseph is that he lives only a few streets away from Peter and the Fact that Peter isn't living with him in the 41 census.

I know Leaf St (went swimming there as a child) and part of it still exists

Born in Frodsham, same county as the son, also interesting who the granddaughter belongs to, also born in Cheshire.

I will follow this up and let you know what if anything I find.

Big Thanks

I think that only the older Joseph (born Hulme) is the child of Joseph Worrall, I believe all the others are Elizabeth children.

I did find last night Elizabeth Worrall in the 1871 Census still living at 10 Leaf St but with several lodgers. The only offspring is Ann Walsh (Welsh) age 31 and unmarried.

I also found a Death Index for Joseph Worrall in 1868. aged 69yrs

Biko

Note your search for Worral family.

I have a James H Worral in 1881,1891 & 1901 census living with Elizabeth TINKER nee HARRISON.James H WORALL is recorded as a "Pattern Maker" in 1881 and Elizabeth's husband William TINKER is recorded as a Plumber in 1881. William TINKER died 1899.

A Thomas Worral is recorded in Faulkner Square,Manchester in 1881 and may be related to James H Worral.

Note Elizabeth TINKER (widow) married Ormrod OPENSHAW in 1902.

Should James H WORRAL fit your family I would be most interested to hear.

Offline Biko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 07 June 08 19:18 BST (UK) »
Who knows?

What area is Falkner Square?
Manchester-Hulme, Deansgate, Earlstown (Newton in Makerfield) Chorlton on Medlock, Newton Heath, Ardwick.

Offline Kimberley

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 08 June 08 02:28 BST (UK) »
Who knows?

What area is Falkner Square?

1871 census (RG10/4039 page 148) shows Faulkner Square with 5 dwellings and is near St Peter's Square Manchester.Harrison family is at 1 Faulkner Sq (transcribed Harbeson..I am told !)

I think James H WORRAL is listed with his family in 1871 census at 5 Faulkner Square.....with sister Mary Ann WORRAL and brother Thomas.!

These children may have been to Elisha WORRALL and Sarh STINGER married 16 Oct 1825.

Thomas WORRALL was unmarried/unemployed in 1871 and appears to be in Faulkner Square in 1881 census aged 33 and married with children.

Offline Biko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 10 June 08 01:09 BST (UK) »
No I this is not my James Worrall (well not the one I am looking for, but hey they could be related)

Found them on the 71 census and they are in district 28 which is funny because two of my brothers are living in district 22 deansgate in the 71 census....I wonder if they are related?

However this particular James Worrall is far to young. Mine would have been born between 1844-49

But thank you for trying, much appreciated.

Offline hazelnuts01

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 21:10 BST (UK) »
Hi all
Just a little comment here - my grandma married Charles Koller, (2nd marriage)whose mother was Sarah Worrell, (worrall)...she was born in Lille, France and her parents were Leonard Worrell and Sara.   After living in France they returned to live in London for many years and daughter Sarah married, lived in London, but eventually moved to Manchester where she died and is buried in the Southern Cemetery with her son Charles.   Could there be a connection to the Worrell family here that you may be looking for?
Just a thought - don't want to confuse you though.
regards
Hazelnuts01
wilson (renfrewshire,paisley)

Offline Biko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 19 June 08 07:12 BST (UK) »
Confuse...To late for that. :)

Given the travelling of your Worrall's and the wonderings of mine a connection wouldn't surprise me. However it is far from an uncommon name in the Cheshire-Lancashire area...even now.

Thanks

Biko

Offline jworrall

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 03 July 08 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi There Just stumbled across this by accident
Im a Worrall - Dad originally from Lancashire area his sister did a whole big family tree and traced it back a pretty long way a few years ago - can put you in touch if you want
J

Offline hazelnuts01

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 04 July 08 17:08 BST (UK) »
Would love to see the tree to see if there is any connection - look forward to hearing from you.

Hazel
wilson (renfrewshire,paisley)