Author Topic: Marriage of Buckley - Revill around 1925-30  (Read 2265 times)

Offline BriJS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage of Buckley - Revill around 1925-30
« on: Friday 17 November 06 19:59 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any record of a marriage between a Harry Buckley b.Sept 1904 Blackburn parents (?) Buckley and Martha (Bolton?) and Mona Revill b. June 11 1908 Chorlton, Lancs. parents unknown.

I am really trying to find details of the parents of both Harry and Mona, and am thinking that a marriage record would be the best route.

Thanks in advance.
Brian

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Buckley - Revill around 1925-30
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 November 06 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You can now search the full GRO index yourself free of charge at
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx  Choose “Complete BMD Index Ranges & Images 1837-1983
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline BriJS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 November 06 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks.

I am a virtual newbie to the world of family history, any other links of interest would be highly appreciated.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 November 06 20:18 GMT (UK) »
To be honest - a copy of their marriage cert will only tell you their fathers names - not both parents.  You would be better getting their respective birth certs which will also give you their mothers maiden name as well

The GRO reference for Mona is September quarter 1908  Chorlton Volume 8C Page 951 and you can order online at www.gro.gov.uk - cost of certificates is £7

The GRO ref for Harry is September quarter 1904 Blackburn Vol 8C Page 302 - I think there may be an a after the 302 but have a look at the entry yourself and see what you think

When you find their respective parents names - have a look on this website as you may find the parents marriages

www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/cgi/marrind.cgi?county=lancashire
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 November 06 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Bryan
Jul/Sept qu 1928 Blackburn 8e 1189
Mona Revill /Harry Buckley

There was a George Henry Buckley married Martha Haworth APR/Jun qu1898 Blackburn 8e 843.But Carole is right I think you do need to order certs for this one.
On Lancs BMD its Martha Howarth even that makes a difference
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mel g

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 11:36 BST (UK) »
hi Brian, my dad was Harry Buckley & he was married to Mona Revill, before he married my mum !! My grand-parents were George Henry Buckley and Martha Buckley ( maiden name Howarth ). He came from Thurlstone in Yorkshire, and she was from Blackburn. I do know that Mona came with her family from Manchester to Blackburn. By now you probably know all this. My grand-parents also had a son born 1899 but died in 1900 called John, and then my dad was born in 1905. They owned chip shops 3 as far as we know! in Blackburn, Queens Park Rd, Bolton Rd Ewood, and Lancaster st, my grandad died in 1925 & the address given at that time was Lancaster St. Grandma then married again in 1932 to a William T Edmundson, who i think died 1946 aged 69 or 1957 aged 83, not sure which !!! Grandma died in 1955 aged 83. She & Grandad are buried at New Row Methodist church Tockholes. We don't know where thier son John is buried.....hope you see this and are able to tell me anything, or ask me to see if i can fill in any blanks for you !

Offline mel g

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John Haworth born 1846 in Blackburn.
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 07 January 17 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any info on John Haworth born 1846, & married Mary Ann Cook at Park Road Congregational Church Blackburn Lancs in 1869,   His father was also called John Haworth . John & his father lived at 6 John Bright St & Mary Ann lived at 8 John Bright St Blackburn Lancs before they married !   Trying to find out if there were any more son's & daughters,  they were all Cotton Power Loomweavers  if any help !   Mary Ann Cook ( from Cencus )  came from Preston, any info on her would be appreciated..... these are my great grandparents & g.g.grandfather ....... thanks for reading

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 08 January 17 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Do you have any connection to any persons mentioned in the original post which is now 10yrs old?

If not - you should have started a new post to avoid confusion with this post

Offline mel g

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 04 March 17 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole, yes i have a connection, as it happens he's my ' great nephew ' we did'nt know of each others existence, but we do now  haha