Author Topic: peter mullery in flint 1871  (Read 830 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
peter mullery in flint 1871
« on: Sunday 14 November 04 14:40 GMT (UK) »
 a very helpful roots chatter, named rebbeca has found some good info for me, but i was wondering if i could find out a little more, rebbeca got me.       PRO Index No  RG10/3738    census.1871       Eliza Estha Jones, 9  Tryddyn, Flintshire Wales, Daughter.       Elizabeth  Mullery, 35,  Mold, Flintshire, Wales, Wife.      John Robert Mullery, 3, Mold, Flintshire, Wales, Son.  Peter Mullery, 37, Ireland  Head.     Rebbecca says she thinks they were living in Tryddyn Flintshire, but she cant get the actual census online as there is a fault with the site,  can any one help, if they have the census, also has any one got the 1861 for flintshire, if so were any of the above on it , i am asking a lot i know, but , i live in hope, thanks and regards nora T                                                                     
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: peter mullery in flint 1871
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 November 04 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nora,
Had a look on the 1871 census for Tryddyn at the Records Office....and found.
Coed Talon Wood;
Peter Mullery.                  32. Coal Miner. b, Ireland.
Elizabeth Mullery.            35.                        Mold.
John Robert Mullery. son,  3.                        Mold.
Eliza Ester Jones.  Daur,    9.                        Tryddyn.

Could not see any Baptisms or Marriage in Tryddyn or Mold.
Why was Eliza Jones and not Mullery?
Was Elizabeth Married before?
Was Elizabeth, Elizabeth Jones and had Eliza before she Married?
Just a thought....or Two.

If you have any thoughts let me know and I'll have a look.

Paul.

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 November 04 17:20 GMT (UK) »
dear paul, it was so kind of you to look up in the records office, that is just the information i was after, I cannot find any marriage for peter mullery/ elizabeth mullery. I have the boy john robert mullery,s birth cert and on it, it says, mother elizabeth mullery, formally jones, but on eliza jones marriage cert, in  1891 she,s got john jones, as father. was jones elizabeths single name, or had she been married to a jones.what a mix up.they were in staffordshire on the 1881 census, and peter mullery, died in chell workhouse in 1890, they had 3 more children. and in the 1891 census, elizabeth mullery is a hawker, and her daughter  mary age 19 is an imbicile, also eliza jones had 5 children before she married their father george wilshaw, and 2 after, one of them being, emma wilshaw, who was my husbands mother,  any other little thing you might find i will be  very grateful, but you have done really well for me, and i am more than pleased, thank you again, regards nora
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline wheeldon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 November 04 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nora, I am researching my Great Grandfather George Wilshaw, who died in the war in 1918.  I think he had four children Stanlely, Alec, Nellie and George.  I wonder if any of this links into your family.

Thanks

Fiona
Wheeldon  Derbyshire & Manchester
Willshaw Staffordshire & Manchester
Wilshaw Staffordshire & Manchester
Pugh Manchester, Haston, Hadwell, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Patrick Coventry, Warwick, Foleshill
Kelly Dronmore County Down & Manchester
Stewart  Hilsborough County Down & Manchester
Moffatt/Moffitt County May &, Lancashire

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 November 04 11:54 GMT (UK) »
hi fiona,i am afraid they are not the same george wilshaw,s as mine died on christmas day 1943, age 86,  and the childrens names are not the same, but thank you for your interest. regards. nora