Author Topic: Frey/ Lehman  (Read 15787 times)

Offline Richard54

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frey/ Lehman
« Reply #108 on: Friday 29 March 19 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Brennen,
    Now you have me looking again at this, havent for ages.
  Interesting to see that Carl/Leonard stayed put in the UK, whereas all the remaining Freys went off to New York. I'm fairly certain some of the men  were detained during WW1 but all records of German detainees have been destroyed. Alot were shipped off to internment camps on the Isle of Man.
  Looking at Carl/Leonards marriage certificate to Marie Stier, I see that George Frey along with Lizzie Volkert are witnesses in 1892.
  Nice to see the 1939 register Leonard/Carl with his two daughters, who also get a mention in his will
                                     Regards
                                                 Richard.

Offline Richard54

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frey/ Lehman
« Reply #109 on: Friday 29 March 19 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Brennden,
   Looking at Herman Volkert, looks like he is with sister Elizabeth Margeret who marries a Charles Peck in 1901 census . Elizabeth states father to be a Leonard Volkert (engineer)
 He goes on to marry in 1904 to Eleanor L J Cossentine. has a family and dies in Manchester in 1946 having put a Henry in front of Herman on name . He is also in the 1939 as Henry Herman Volkert.
  So alot of Volkerts from the same area of Germany in the same area of Manchester but the only way to link them would be to prove  father Leonard is a brother or some relation to Johann , father to Bertha , Lizzie and Carl /leonard.
                                   Regards
                                              Richard.