Author Topic: SA marriage look up  (Read 4374 times)

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: SA marriage look up
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 05:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Onie,

Welcome to RootsChat - what a lovely photo. Hopefully Adrianne will have some information for you.  Presume you are after information from before immigration, but thought you may like to know there are a couple of early items from SA, which provide a residence and occupation for Thomas.

Looks like little information and a bit of a muck up re his year of birth in BISA

BENNETT Thomas born about 1836 died 1 Mar 1878 arrived 1837 aboard the NAVARINO
m: unknown children child (by 1837)

Thomas and Elizabeth had a child baptised at Holy Trinity in 1840 which does provide an occupation and residence.

BENNETT Edward Samuel was born on the 21 Nov 1840 and baptised on the 27 Dec 1840. Parents Thomas BENNETT (brickmaker) and Elizabeth SOUTHALL, res Melbourne St. I note he died 23 Oct 1849 not recorded Dist Ade 1 189. He was aged 8 years and 11 months, Father Thomas res North Adelaide, so looks like they were in North Adelaide for quite a while.

The 1841 Census lists the family on page 37 - Melbourne St

BENNETT Thomas 1 Male under 35, 1 female under 35, 1 male under 7, 1 female under 7

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline onie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: SA marriage look up
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 July 09 01:06 BST (UK) »
DEar Kris,
Wow thank you very much. That is certainly new information that i hadn' found before. I appreciate it.
Regards Leonie
Bennett from Gawler S.A.
Parker Gawler S.A.
Last Encounter Bay SA;
Evans Port Adelaide SA
Skermer Port Adelaide SA
Hammond Findon SA
Bradford Gawler S.A.