Author Topic: COOK / GURR, My Headaches  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Chris Frater

• RootsChat Senior
  • Alexander Frater & Penelope Hay
    • View Profile
COOK / GURR, My Headaches
« on: Sunday 19 November 06 10:03 GMT (UK) »
I have posted before regarding the COOK's.... I have since found the following:

John Cook married Mary Sargent 23 Jan 1784 in Icklesham, Sussex.
Children that I found so far for this union are:

John Cook  chris 6 Jun 1784 Icklesham, Sussex

Ruth Cook   b. abt 1785, chris 13 May 1792 Icklesham Sussex ....Married John Gurr b abt 1781, m 25 Dec 1809 in St Clements, Hastings, Children found on the 1841 census, Dinah Gurr b abt 1818 and William Gurr b.abt 1820 ....

Thomas Cook

Daniel Cook chris 8 Jun 1787 married Sarah ( I think Edwards) All below are  Born around the Guestling Area Children are :

James Cook b.1812

Maria (h) Cook b.3 Oct 1814 married 1832 in Brede, Sussex to James Selmes, James parents being Ann Gurr and Jesse Selmes Children where : Spencer, Alfred, James, Harriet, George, Mary, Henry, Catherine,Charles, Eliza,Sarah,Dinah and Maria. All born in Australia except for Alfred Harriet and James all born in Brede, England

Harriet Cook b. 26 Mar 1816 married  6 Mar 1838 Tenterden to a Henry Gurr Children all born in Australia: Samuel, Alfred, Henry, Sarah, Catherine, Eliza, Mary, Thomas, George.

John Daniel Cook b.22 dec 1817 married Matilda Eggins chris. 11 May 1817 Ewhurst,Sussex, daughter of Reuben Eggins and Sarah Baker ...Children James, Elizabeth and John.

Eliza Ann Cook b.1819

Charles Cook b. 1821

George Cook b. 1823

Edward Cook b.1825

Mary Cook b.1828

Dinah Cook b. 24 Mar 1830 married 1847 in Ore, Sussex to Charles Woodhurst son of Edmund Woodhurst and Elizabeth Wimble... Children Sarah, Charles and May.

I believe that the 3 differant Gurr that I have above all link up somehow, John and Ann Gurr would be the same generation and Henry Gurr I suspect to be a nephew to them both. On Henry's marriage papers it states that his father was Henry Gurr (Schoolmaster) and mother as being  Sarah ???  On his immergration papers it says that his father Henry Gurr (Shop Keeper) and mothers as being Sarah ??? I would dearly love to link up these families as I am sure they do. Any help at all would be much welcomed.

Thank you all in advance
Christine

UK, Scotland and Australia: <br />Surnames: Card : Frater : McKillop-Davies : Gurr : Williams : Russell : Davies : Pitt/Pitts : Sutton: McKillop: Pickering: Limburner: Jackson: Brown: Glover: Wright: Rapley