Author Topic: QLD Birth look up please for The Ross family  (Read 1223 times)

Offline little blue

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
QLD Birth look up please for The Ross family
« on: Sunday 19 November 06 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Could some very kind person try and find out for me if Elizabeth Ann Ross and John Hobart Ross have any children . Her maiden name was Boorman and her first husband was Geroge Ratcliffe from Stoke On Trent England , she was born around 1876 in Newcross London. I dont know where she was living with her second husband exactly but i think she stayed around Brandon Lower Burdekin.
Thanks
every little helps

Offline ChristineR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: QLD Birth look up please for The Ross family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 05:05 GMT (UK) »
There were no children registered in Qld to John and Elizabeth up until 1914.

Her death certificate  should tell you what children she had, if any - as none showed up from her first marriage either.  Do you have her death certificate?

ChristineR  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline little blue

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 18:46 GMT (UK) »
No i dont have her death cert, i have forgotton that death certs in australia contain all the names and including everything under the kitchen sink as well !! , i have a copy of another person in the family come to think of it . It does contain an awful lot about the person. you are so lucky to have all that on your certs it must help a great deal and save loads of time and expense looking for people.
Thanks for looking for me, In feb 07 i am going on a trip of a life time to stay with my long lost and recently found relatives in WA , i dont suppose you have come accross Elizabeths death reference number have you cause i can apply for it when i get over there in feb ! shame the country is so vast otherwise i would have gone accross and had a good look around !. ;D
every little helps

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Blue
Elizabeth Ann Ross is buried at the Ayr Cemetery and her last residence was Ayr.
died 1964 aged 88 Methodist
John Ross [Hobart not used] is with her and he died first in 1941 aged 63. Living at Ayr.

There are not others interred with them, but that does not mean there are not children among the many other Ross's in the cemetery.
http://www.burdekin.qld.gov.au/communityinfo/shirefacilities.html

[go to cemetery]
Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline little blue

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Sue thank yoy so much for that i will add the info to my records
 ;D
every little helps